Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedJeep

I Got My Frickin' Parade...

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

As a Vietnam Veteran I have been waiting for 42 years for a Parade to welcome me home, today I finally got it, at the Ruth C. Kinney Elementary school. My oldest grandson is a student there and he and I sported identical 20th Engineering Brigade Vietnam Vet hats as we paraded through the school to the cheers of many classes of children too young to have any knowledge of most of their "Heroes". I have been saying for years, when ever the topic of being a Vietnam vet would come up, "I'm still waiting for my parade" now I can't say that any more.

Peace

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedJeep View Post

As a Vietnam Veteran I have been waiting for 42 years for a Parade to welcome me home, today I finally got it, at the Ruth C. Kinney Elementary school. My oldest grandson is a student there and he and I sported identical 20th Engineering Brigade Vietnam Vet hats as we paraded through the school to the cheers of many classes of children too young to have any knowledge of most of their "Heroes". I have been saying for years, when ever the topic of being a Vietnam vet would come up, "I'm still waiting for my parade" now I can't say that any more.

Peace

Thanks for your service, WELCOME HOME!

Great story! 

Thank you, all, for your kind words. I will say I got a million dollars worth of experience, form being in the Army, that I wouldn't of paid a nickle for.

And a big Happy Veterans Day, to all of my SOL friends who are or have served our country.

Peace

Thanks for your service, and I'm pleased that this country is finally recognizing the men who fought in Viet Nam. Enjoy your day you and many others both living and dead deserve this day and all the recognition for services rendered.

Richard