Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lou G

Local B&T daily spot burning.

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

What's up with this? How do you guys feel about it? 

The weird thing to me is that a guy catches a couple of fish, the B&T reports exactly where he caught it, and the beach is packed, because one guy catches a couple of fish. shakehead.gif

If fish are posted in the immediate area it's good for business and business owners need business in order to stay in business.

This has been discussed before and nothing changed. Fish move, move with them and leave the crowds behind. Me, I'm stuck posting from work. :(

The weird thing to me is that a guy catches a couple of fish, the B&T reports exactly where he caught it, and the beach is packed, because one guy catches a couple of fish. :dismay:

not to mention it becomes a mob scene amazing how much free time some people have... bye the way were you there........

The weird thing to me is that a guy catches a couple of fish, the B&T reports exactly where he caught it, and the beach is packed, because one guy catches a couple of fish. :dismay:

Truth be told, if you're going to take anything out of a report like that, you're probably more interested in WHAT the guy was using as opposed to where he was using it, at least in my opinion. It's not like whatever fish are around are simply going to stay put.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sole man View Post

not to mention it becomes a mob scene amazing how much free time some people have... bye the way were you there........

I was there because it's where I always am. I guess this could turn into a slug fest real easy. Thanks for attempting to get is started. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Baiter View Post

If fish are posted in the immediate area it's good for business and business owners need business in order to stay in business.

This has been discussed before and nothing changed. Fish move, move with them and leave the crowds behind. Me, I'm stuck posting from work. frown.gif

Yeah that's what I do. 

To me, All I want to hear an accurate report about the conditions. 

And for all of the above mentioned reasons, If you believe what a tackle shop says then it's your own fault.

More then once I've seen my name in the Fisherman magazine because I weighed in a fish for a tournament (and against my wishes) the shop reported it to the magazine along with where I caught it and what i caught it on, and each time it's been a complete fabrication (can i tee that up any higher?)

There's no possible way I would ever tell a shop where and what.

The last one was on a black Gibbs Danny (one of which I don't even own) and in a spot where I hadn't fished yet that spring.

I know one member of this site who almost got fired because a party boat, which he was a regular on, reported him catching fish on a day when he was really at work doing a out of the shop project.

In other words, believe nothing that you hear - or at least cut the truth factor down by two thirds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post

And for all of the above mentioned reasons, If you believe what a tackle shop says then it's your own fault.

That is why I thought it was weird that all these guys go running, one  guy a couple of fish. 

I personally wouldn't mind it that much. My thought process is this. If I'm on the beach in the area and I am at a point where I'm going to my smartphone and pulling up the B&T website, then obviously there's nothing going on where I am fishing and I'd be more than pleased to drive a few miles to get me on some fish following the B&T report. Now conversely, if I'm the guy who stumbles upon (or skillfully deduces the location of) the fish, there's no way I'm going to stop nailing fish to go back to my truck and get my phone, call the B&T, and reveal where I'm at and how sweet it is UNTIL, you guessed it, the fish stop biting.   In which case, by the time anyone gets there the fish have already moved on / out of range.

Now there's one other scenario that I could think of that could be annoying. And that would be if you have found a spot that has some consistency as far as catching fish day to day, and then the B&T site posts it to the world but not because you told them about it but maybe because someone passing by saw you slamming them and called the B&T. Next time you show up it's packed there and you can't find a place to cast in "your" spot. Yeah, that would annoy me. But, if it was really that packed and it wasn't an all out blitz situation, I'd probably move on to find another spot. It has been my experience this time of year that the fish are constantly on the move on a day-to-day basis chasing all the bait that is present - so you have to be mobile to catch fish this time of year and use your instincts. Find the bait and find the fish. If there are no signs of bait, blind casting with a slow retrieve will still get you some fish. Now if it WAS an all out blitz situation at this fairytale spot and it was packed, I'd DEFINITELY be staying, and just waiting my turn to cast :)

Anyone that chases a tackle shop report and puts his shoes in those prints is a dumbass and likely couldn't catch a d!ck if he wanted to. So i say let it go on, let the dumbasses congregrate. Its great info though because it tells you where not to go.