Weekend of 11/11/11: Trying to decide what to do, where to go and for a partner...Southern NJ Salt

Trying to get out for the first time since 6/17/11.

Lots of seat time the last few summers but not much after sept.

Looking to hit up the salt somewhere between IBSP to WIldwood.

Proper cold water gear.Actually would be my maiden paddle with my new drysuit.

I never fished for stripers before. Wouldn't mind targeting them, tautog or seabass really. Still relatively new to fishing in a sense of most of my time i have spent fluking in the summer months as they are my favorite table fare.

Not looking for a baby sitter, just someone to maybe point me in the right direction and give me a heads up on any specific tackle i may need. Ofcourse I'd love to meet up with a seasoned vet if they are in the mood to share more than i outlined in the previous sentence. ha.

Coming from Cherry Hill area. Time of day is no problem. I can do early mornings, late nights or afternoons starting on Thursday night and would prefer to be home by 2pm on sunday.

Lance, You can come out with me again if you want. Probably in the Ocean City area.........I can at least guarantee fishing won't be as bad as last time............I don't know if I'll be able to get out Saturday night though. Might have to do Sunday. Can do night for bass into morning for tautog.

At the Public Launch next to the "Free Bridge" going off of Nummy Island onto Stone Harbor......

Gonna launch at around 5:00'ish.....High-Tide is 9:30-somthin' Sunday AM.

I'm leaving outta' Vineland just off of Rt. 55... @ around 4:00 AM.

UPDATE: 7:30 PM Friday---Winds upgraded to 12 MPH thus far.....hope it doesn't get much stronger!!!:(

I am good til about 20mph with the hobie but always prefer 5-10mph or none this time of year.

I am gearing up to fish bucktails,soft plastics and ava jigs per the recommendations of others.Never targeted bass before but have bucktailed my ass off for fluke.

Any suggestions for tackle for that area? I normally only carry a small amount of tackle on the yak when fishing for other species and not the whole kitchen sink deal so i'll be bringing more stuff then i ever have before due to my uncertainty.

And since you know whats going on, i like to try and fish like others when meeting up to 1)try something new 2)fish at a similar pace 3)learn. When i'm by myself i tend to fish familiar areas with techniques that I've been successful with making me a slow learner at this sport.

What you've got planned to bring sounds fine.......IF you don't have it....I DO!!! ;)

Top Water Pluggin' is the Main Game.......anything that Walks-the-Dog.....I've got plenty!!!

I'm also in a Hobie....but prefer the lower Winds as well........we'll be somewhat protected in the Area we're gonna fish with the Sods on the Windward side of us!

Update:

met wurk2fish and ed down in stone harbor this morning.

I got the big skunk but had a good time. Wind was alright until about 11am when Poseidon decided to punish us mortals.

They did manage to find some action in the dark and it was nice to see how to start noticing bassy fishing spots.