Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Hunter

Crab O Rama Sunday 11-27-2011

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

I can hear the crabs talking about going into hiding. After T day is best for me because I have commitments the next 2 saturdays. If we can get seal boy to come, he has that big deep fryer that I'm sure can be used as a boiler. Got my snares and sand spikes and I'm ready to go.

Count me in!  I got a propane boiler, too. It's a turkey fryer that I've used to fry a turkey a grand total of once. But I use it to boil crabs all the time. Beats the heck outta stinking up the house! I will be out of town for part of T-Day weekend, but probably back in SF on T-Dday Saturday. In town this weekend and next. Let me know the date you settle on. Would love to join!

I was going to suggest we get together and have a crab boil. Just crab , Butter and Sourdough Bread I have a propane cooker or we can use the pit at the beach

And adult beverages :confused:

Are "Alvey reels"!!! allowed???

I'm in, and dangit I'm gonna make it this time. Any weekend is good. I'll bring beer.

Gonna do some searches on what I need to catch these things, but if I can't find enough info, I may bother you all with a rookie "how-to" thread.

Here are dates i do not have to work.

Saturday 11-19

Sunday 11-20

Thursday (day after t-day) 11-25

sunday 11-27

any of those good or do we look to December?

What reel do you guys recommend for crabbing? I have a rod (Diawa Beefstick) and I need a reel that can do the job right. I had an Emcast but its a POS for this purpose. Hopefully, I can pick up the reel and meet up with you guys. Thanks.

ST