Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

Reasonable question

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

It's maddening,

JohnM is telling me that I believe all 10 pillars,

even though he participated in a recent conversation in which I gave my opinion on all of them.

Then when I reject what he says I believe,

he calls me a liar,

and this behavior is NEVER put in check.

no one's behavior is put in check. that's not my job. wouldnt work if i tried. youre grown adults. when threads get clogged with personal **** they get locked. im not appealing to anyone to change anything. feel free to say whatever you want to one another, you do anyway.

No, it's unrealistic to ask.

It's seemingly unrealistic to expect them to honor your request.

threads get locked over this

and yet there is no effort to discourage forcing a false opinion on another member

The offical position is just to accept the lies

even though it is a form of antagonism

seems that many threads wouldn't need to be locked if lying about what someone posts or meant were not permited,

no one's behavior is put in check. that's not my job. wouldnt work if i tried. youre grown adults. when threads get clogged with personal **** they get locked. im not appealing to anyone to change anything. feel free to say whatever you want to one another, you do anyway.

then why lock a thrd if it is not meant to address a behavior?

well ambition in my opinion a few posters do NOT want honest conversations in the PG.

they start insulting people as a means of derailing conversation.

so your means of modding fits hand in glove with their aims.

not really shocking.

believe it or not,

it DOES make a difference when someone of authority (like a moderator for instance)

makes a statement about what will or won't be tolerated.

So when John or RW repeatedly tell me and others what we think,

and call us liars when we correct them.

the choice is to allow it or you lock the thread?

seems that many threads wouldn't need to be locked if lying about what someone posts or meant were not permited,

not impossible. just find a mod who has the the time to read every word of every thread, know the cast of charatcers and their histories, and be willing to eat a ton of **** very time he mods (or doesnt mod) something. Im sure that guy exists.........somewhere.

then why lock a thrd if it is not meant to address a behavior?

it's meant to stop a lost discussion. behavior may be the cause, but I dont a have a solution for that. no one does.

the choice is to allow it or you lock the thread?

that's one way of putting it

ya could just state your position "for the record" and move past whatever lies, etc are being assigned to you.

the point is, keep threads on topic cuz once they veer off, their lifespan is reduced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

it's meant to stop a lost discussion. behavior may be the cause, but I dont a have a solution for that. no one does.

sure you do,

delete the posts that you feel are creating the discussion to be lost.

I assure you,

any time a dumbass feels entitled to tell me what I think and call me a liar when I disagree,

I will argue.

Before I undertake the compilation of quotes that would make a point here, let me clarify this.

Are any of you that are complaining about telling other people what they think asserting that YOU don't do the exact same thing and only get pissy about it when you think you're the one on the receiving end?

If you're an innocent victim of this and not a stonethrower in a glass house, please hold up your hand and I'll do some research to shed light on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

keep threads on topic cuz once they veer off, their lifespan is reduced.

veer off like saying anyone on the left is a commie?

veering like that?

not impossible. just find a mod who has the the time to read every word of every thread, know the cast of charatcers and their histories, and be willing to eat a ton of **** very time he mods (or doesnt mod) something. Im sure that guy exists.........somewhere.

Tim seemed to think it was worth his time to intervene in a thread in the tavern when he saw and explain to RW what magish posted to prevent the thread from the back and forth of I did nt say that, yes you did

but I ask, why even lock the thread if it not to send a message that the back and forth isn't welcomed

and why would you send warning about perosanal stuff at magish in the other locked thread when he brough up Cubans but yet not see a need to let John know that repeated calling someone a liar about what they believe is no different that the other personal stuff that gets modded.