Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Union Run Government Schools

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

How about a little insight into what the "voters" of Ohio supported last night:

Andrew Coulson has worked for some time on the issues of money in Washington DC gummit schools.  The amount of money going into these schools is astounding.  Add in the level of education these poor kids get, and its unbelievable.  He brought back up some research of his because of a "candlelight vigil" that the unions had recently in DC.  The subject was computers in the government schools.  One person showed that the computers in some classrooms were so old that they were unable to process and read a PDF document.  So they are asking for more money.

Coulson put pen to paper.  The Washington DC schools are at approx Twenty Eight Thousand Dollars per student per school year.  Think about that.  The take for a class of thirty kids is $840,000.  Want smaller classes?  The skim for a class of twenty is ....anyone, Bueler, Bueler?  That's right little Tommy, a cool half million.

This struck me for a special reason.  I had a corporate event in Washington at the end of August, and I had to build, on the spur of the moment, an "Internet Cafe".  Among other things I needed several computers immediately.  I sent a runner to Best Buy with the instructions to get the cheapest 8 laptops in the store that had MS Office on them.  I never knew.  They were HP.  They were 410 dollars apiece.  i was floored, I thought they would be at least 7.

I was even more floored when I read this article.

More math.  410x20(stoonts)=8,200.  Even more math.  560,000-8,200= $551,800.

Every kid in the class gets a computer at RETAIL (we'll be smart-kids folks put down a deposit).  And we still have over a half million. 

Lets get slick.  Thousand dollar desktop for teacher and a kickass router-175?  Nope, better.  Eighteen hundred for the computer, now it has real storage and a cheap usable media server and the machines are networked.  Guess we are flat broke now.  We only have around $549,000 left.

Oooohhhh.  Projector!!!  Now were talking!!  Lets be frugal, we're running on empty.

$1200.  Pull down screen around three hundred.  125 for a little cart on wheels.

Guess its time to lock the doors and send little Timmy and his friends home.  All we have left is $547,375.

Unions are a big issue, especially gummit unions, but ya know what?  I wouldn't see too much harm in taking the union issue out of the discussion for a while until we first discuss the fact that the gummit is flat robbing us blind.  School expenditures are one of the most transparent outlays the citizens have day to day, and these people treat the public like dumb animals.  Can you imagine-can you possibly fathom the corruption in the deep bowels of gummit where nobody looks-the Department of Congressmen's Stupid Cousins/Oversight and Development?  Can you imagine.

Government and their unions.  No respect for your money.  Why?   They don't have to EARN the money.

Why do we give them dominion?  That's the question, and an honest answer leads to one place only.

Here are the articles and the research and all that.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/when-is-28000-per-pupil-not-enough/

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/do-you-still-think-dc-spends-only-15000pupil/

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonbat View Post

That's what happens when local control is lost completely in public education.

It wasn't lost.  It was taken.  But thats another issue.

That's what happens when local control is lost completely in public education.

but yet the left will defend the loss of local control to the ends of the earth. They gotta make sure the federal Goliath and he teachers unions are in control.

Unions are a big issue, especially gummit unions, but ya know what?  I wouldn't see too much harm in taking the union issue out of the discussion for a while until we first discuss the fact that the gummit is flat robbing us blind.  School expenditures are one of the most transparent outlays the citizens have day to day, and these people treat the public like dumb animals. 

There is one reason they get away with treating the public like dumb animals.

That is because the public is a pile of dumb animals.