Herring!

Rate this topic

jameso20o

Mmmmmmmm...... can't wait until the sea herring show up in a month or two. I am going to fish for them and pickle some. I will freeze most and use them for bait when the Stripers come in the Spring. I found these videos which are very elaborate and taught me how to pickle them, if anyone wants to know how.

do the fishery a favor and try a small batch first, see if you like them before making up buckets of the stuff. its pretty gross dude. fresh, fried or even raw and herring are nice, but pickled fish tastes about as good as it sounds, kinda like left-out-in-the-sun-bait flavored jello.

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

do the fishery a favor and try a small batch first, see if you like them before making up buckets of the stuff. its pretty gross dude. fresh, fried or even raw and herring are nice, but pickled fish tastes about as good as it sounds, kinda like left-out-in-the-sun-bait flavored jello.

Never tried it, are you saying that fried herring is good?

"If you know that and you don't know anything else you know more than if you know everything else and you don't know that."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...