Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oduart99

I Hate Skunks!!! Plan B: Corson Inlet Reports?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I am tired of getting the big skunk!  I've been fishing up at the LBI area. A few weeks ago I had caught some nice Kings and 2-4lb Blues at Croson Inlet.  Anything happening over there?  I am starting to lose hope in the Fall Run......

Thank you

Sam

Don't bother with Corsens. Its been very, very slow.

This is correct -- it's been deadsville -- but a little birdie told me that things changed there, drastically, in the past 2-3 days. The next few weeks in the CISP area could be very, very interesting -- I know I'm gonna try to get out there sometime this weekend. You could pick a worse spot than Corson's if you're looking to fish over the next week or so.

Thank you!  I normally fish in the morning/daylight hours.  Should I be fishing at night?  I'm just tired of wasting gas, time and money.  It takes a lot to convince the wife to allow me an all day fishing trip and when she says...."you wasted my Saturday for Nothing..hahaha"  It just kills me! Then she goes off...you spent how much for that rod and reel...for nothing!  You See?  I need to throw that skunk off my back very soon.

Don't get me wrong-that's fishing but NOTHING??  Not even a bump?  Thanks again.

Sam

Thank you!  I normally fish in the morning/daylight hours.  Should I be fishing at night? 

Sam

Sam,, try a little of both.. Time your trip to maybe get yourelf on the water in the dark to throw some plugs/lures in the back and then set up around the point of the inlet to bait fish for a few hours after sunrise..

Corsons should be on fire by now. I just returned from that area, with a 14" short to show for my efforts.

Over the course of 2 days, fished from the boat, the beach, the back, and some bridges. I did spot some adult bunker leaving the back almost 2 hours after the outflow. But nothing on em. :(