Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sneakypetethemeat

replacing a rotted spot on a wooden deck.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have a good links or sites with good info on putting in a patch on a wood deck. I got a 16"x16" area of deck to replace a small soft spot. I want to cut it out, put in a new piece of wood and glass over it. Thank you! I got a 2005 bayliner. thoses babies arent made with the finest materials.

Anyone have a good links or sites with good info on putting in a patch on a wood deck. I got a 16"x16" area of deck to replace a small soft spot. I want to cut it out, put in a new piece of wood and glass over it. Thank you! I got a 2005 bayliner. thoses babies arent made with the finest materials.

Likely the wood/balsa around that spot is also wet/cooked.

***  I have a feeling that when you get that piece out of the deck and see some stringers you might be in for more than you expect espicially with a bayliner..

If its a small piece I would just set your circ saw at 45 cut it out SUARE cut your patch at the opposing angle put it in and glass it up.wink.gif

(*edited - we don't promote other sites here, if you aren't willing to answer someone's question here, rather than send them somewhere else, let someone else answer it - thanks. TimS)

yes thats what I plan on doing. The actual soft spot is about 12"x12" with no stringer underneath...early stages. it also gives me a good excuse to put in new carpet. going to be a busy spring for me. I also have bellows and water pump due. Fun times!