Followers 0
Little

Republicans prove useless AGAIN

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Quote:

Coburn 'Willing to Take Some Tax Increases’

November 7, 2011 7:47 P.M.

Last week, all three GOP members of the much-maligned “Gang of Six” joined 30 other Republican senators in signing a letter to supercommittee members urging them not to include any “net tax increases” in their final plan. This was viewed as a significant development, as these three lawmakers — Sens. Tom Coburn (R., Okla.), Mike Crapo (R., Idaho) and Saxby Chambliss (R., Ga.) — are often thought of as the Republicans most willing to compromise on taxes.

However, Coburn, speaking to a scrum of reporters Monday evening, dismissed the letter — spearheaded by Sen. Jim DeMint (R., S.C.) — as “aspirational” and “meaningless.”

“I’m out there pretty bold on what I believe in terms of what we ought to tackle,” Coburn said. “And I’m willing to take some tax increases.”

And he’s not merely referring to higher “revenue,” which many Republicans have signaled a willingness to accept.

Whats the ******* point if you people are going to keep giving up?

Does anybody realistically think that we will get out of our debt with cuts alone?

The struggle will not be over increased taxes but where, to whom and how much to increase taxes.

Does anybody realistically think that we will get out of our debt with cuts alone?

The struggle will not be over increased taxes but where, to whom and how much to increase taxes.

until they make any REAL cuts im 100% unwilling to consider a tax increase of any sort. And if I ever get to the point of being willing to consider a tax increase it will be only to reduce the debt, not to fun any type of new spending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotcow? View Post

.  The feds skim 2 trillion off the top every year. Thats enough money to take in.  The Feds have nearly destroyed the USA with the amount they take.

Give me some solid examples or proof that giving the political class more money will make the USA a better place for me to live.  All ears.

.  The feds skim 2 trillion off the top every year. Thats enough money to take in.  The Feds have nearly destroyed the USA with the amount they take.

Give me some solid examples or proof that giving the political class more money will make the USA a better place for me to live.  All ears.

If it is ticketed for debt reduction and if meaningful cuts to government spending are implemented first then it will make the good ole USA a better place to live.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotcow? View Post

If it is ticketed for debt reduction and if meaningful cuts to government spending are implemented first then it will make the good ole USA a better place to live.

The last time this happened was in the early 80s.  Ronnie was told the gummit would cut spending if he raised taxes.  He raised taxes.  Guess what didn't happen?

Why go through it again?  That would be stupid.

The last time this happened was in the early 80s.  Ronnie was told the gummit would cut spending if he raised taxes.  He raised taxes.  Guess what didn't happen?

exactly.....no real cuts, not chance of rasing any tax. I mean real cuts, not this 1 trillion over 10 years BS. What are you cutting now........I dont care about the future.

Maybe this time we get it right, the stakes are somewhat higher this time.