Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodwker99

Montauk not the only place people being ripped off

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

The thievery has spread. friend just had all of his plugs, tins, bucktails stolen from in his truck in front of his house. the thieves were fisherman as they even took his fishing permits and his green key. they left behind about $60 in change. the plugs and gear were in a large Spiderwire brand bag (boat bag type) and large bag again with a fishing brand logo ( I forgot which brand).

The guy wants his stuff back as a few of the plugs he had from fishing days with his mom (who isn't around).

I know posting here might be spitting in the wind, but you have to keep an eye out for each other. I believe he is going to issue a reward. I'll keep you posted.

Oh the brake in was in the Mastic area.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the Mastic/Shirley area is not the best place to be as far as crime goes. It's a little unsafe to begin with, but not much you can do about it except move. Did they badly damage the truck during the break-in?

yeah i take all my gear out of my car when im done fishing. its a shame you work hard for your gear and some low lifes get to use or profit from it.