Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishfood

Eagles/Bears

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Time to see if the Eagles we saw last week was a one week wonder or the "new and improved" eagles of 2011. Chicago matches up well against Philly, and has played them real tough the past 4 years, winning 3 out of 4. (and if I recall correctly, they were underdogs in all 4). The key for Philly is obviously to control Matt Forte.

I'm real nervous about it, but feel Philly should end up on top.

A couple of weeks ago, I said that the Iggles would lose this game. Surprise :rolleyes: I think this is the fourth time this season they have lost a game while leading in the fourth quarter. Fatso said, "We just have to keep learning from our mistakes"....well, at the rate they're making them, all we can say is, "Maybe next year". Golf anyone?

the best part of the game was at the end of the 1st half they cut the to the little twerp jackson and he was doing some kind of rap star hip hop hand salute gang sign thing trying to look tough. then he immediately fumbled the ball, bears scored a td and the half ended:D

I rejoice in Philly losses.. LOL.. all the guys on this team that I had the utmost respect for, are now gone.. (westbrook, trottter, the Big Tackle who used to battle Strahan all the time) so, when you replace good, standup, hard nosed football players with players like Vick, Jackson, Macklin, and the Dream Team secondary, etc.. I say let thier season die a slow painfull death. If it wasnt for the Easiest second half schedule in the NFL, Id say the Eagles would have problems winning 7 games.. but with this schedule, they will probably make some noise again after the giants lose a couple games (Green Bay, NO?).

Bc

That loss rest squarely on the shoulders of Desean Jackson. That fumble on a punt going into halftime was a killer.

Even after leading in the 4th quarter? Jackson's play was bad but it wasn't what lost game. You could pretty much say the entire offense and defense played really sloppy in this game and Andy's play calling again was stellar...... One day one of these trick plays is going to pay off big time. I mean we got another 7 meaningless games to keep trying them......

John

Quote:

Originally Posted by sageguy View Post

That loss rest squarely on the shoulders of Desean Jackson. That fumble on a punt going into halftime was a killer.

Eagles and Bears traded flukey TDs at the end of the first half..... Meh.

The Eagles had lots of opportunities to win in the second half

The Eagles defense has to take a major share of the blame.The Philly secondary was terrible.

Asomugha looked like a frightened high schooler that was terrified by the violence of the game.He sucked last nite in a way that disgraced the entire City of Philadelphia....shakehead.gif

Cutler's jersey looked like it was fresh from the dry-cleaners during his post game interview. I really think the only time an Eagle player hit him all night was the play where Babin was blocked into him which gave the Bears a fresh set of downs at the goal line.

All four of the fourth quarter blown leads have been the same. Defense can't get off the field on 3rd down, offense completely stalls and usually goes 3 and out, and a dumb penalty either extends a drive for the other team or kills a drive for Philly. It's not like the other teams are converting trick plays or scoring on hail marys. They just march down the field, Philly goes 3 and out, and they march down the field again. Atlanta did it, San Francisco did it, Chicago did it, and the Giants did to an extent.

Not much fun to watch at all (although some of you bums might beg to differ).

Eagles and Bears traded flukey TDs at the end of the first half..... Meh.

The Eagles had lots of opportunities to win in the second half

The Eagles defense has to take a major share of the blame.The Philly secondary was terrible.

Asomugha looked like a frightened high schooler that was terrified by the violence of the game.He sucked last nite in a way that disgraced the entire City of Philadelphia....

yea he is terribly overrated. i thought i was the only one who noticed him running AWAY from the ball carrier yesterday on a play.

yea he is terribly overrated. i thought i was the only one who noticed him running AWAY from the ball carrier yesterday on a play.

I saw that too. Very reminiscent of Cromartie who was cheap compared to Nmadi.