Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnykim

Century TTLD Supermatch?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Hi All,

New to the forum.  Not a striper fisherman, but I do bank fish sturgeon which uses similar gear so I've visited this site many of times to read gear reveiws.  Broke my LDX recently and now I'm in the market for a replacement rod.  I really liked the way the LDX casts, but also wanted a little more back bone.

I've read a lot of great things about the Century rods and was wondering if anyone had experience casting 5oz plus small bait (couple of sand shrimp) with a TTLD SM.

Thanks for the response!

- John

Hi All,

New to the forum.  Not a striper fisherman, but I do bank fish sturgeon which uses similar gear so I've visited this site many of times to read gear reveiws.  Broke my LDX recently and now I'm in the market for a replacement rod.  I really liked the way the LDX casts, but also wanted a little more back bone.

I've read a lot of great things about the Century rods and was wondering if anyone had experience casting 5oz plus small bait (couple of sand shrimp) with a TTLD SM.

Thanks for the response!

- John

The guys in the Distance casting forum have a lot of experience with the Century's,among others.If you don't get the answer here, try there.

Thanks.  Need a rod that will fish as well as it casts.  I know there are distance casting blanks out there for competition, but not for actual fishing.  Was hoping Century could do both.

Thanks.  Need a rod that will fish as well as it casts.  I know there are distance casting blanks out there for competition, but not for actual fishing.  Was hoping Century could do both.

The TTLD SM will handle the 5 plus bait with no problem, it also has plenty of backbone and not heavy for a 13' rod. I can cast 500' + with very little effort on the field w/ 4 oz. but it seems to like 5 better. When you get your post count up check the BST forum and you may find a blank or rod there.

Thanks for the info.  The TTLD SM is sounding better and better.

Saw couple of posts on BST for the TTLD SM, but like you said...not enough posts or tenure on this forum to post over there.

Thanks for the info.  The TTLD SM is sounding better and better.

Saw couple of posts on BST for the TTLD SM, but like you said...not enough posts or tenure on this forum to post over there.

Check the Distance casting forum, there are some vid's from Shrader on the TTLDSM

Saw the vids.  The last one of him throwing 150g into the wind is pretty impressive.  Think he's a little better caster than the average Joe though.....was hoping to get some feedback from the masses.

Your looking at a considerable price difference between your LDX and the TTLD Sm. The LDX can be had for under 225.00 as a rod the Century TTLD SM will set you back $445.00 for the blank.

The TT LDSM is not cheap as SurffishNJ stated. Over $200 more than the LDX...but you are not comparing apples to apples. The LDSM has great bite detection in the tip. With it's gearbox design it stores and transfers a ton of power in to your cast. And, it's autoclaved. It is nothing like your LDX. Not that your LDX was bad but the TT LDSM is next level. You are actually comparing a Cadillac to a Rolls Royce. You would not expect both cars to be the same price.

US Century Distributor

Don't expect the prices to be the same.  I know the Century is a lot more rod than what I had.  I'm looking to get something better than what I had and am willing to pay extra for it.

Been looking at the Century and the CTS S8 rods......kind of leaning towards the Century.

KVKV,  Where's the reel seat mounted on the rod you're selling?  Have you tried casting 5oz and bait with it?

Sorry, I didn't cast 5oz and bait with it, only 2 oz bucktails.

From the butt to the middle of the reel seat is 25".

Sorry, I didn't cast 5oz and bait with it, only 2 oz bucktails.

From the butt to the middle of the reel seat is 25".

Is this rod designed for bucktails? Lures? I thought this model is specifically designed for bait..while blanks such as SS142l or the FMJ are geared towards lures.....:huh: .

Mike not sure what your talking about. Maybe you should read my response again. I said that the TTLDSM was considerably more expensive than the LDX. I provided the price of $445.00 for the blank FROM YOUR WEB SITE. :confused: