Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mokes

Senators should make LESS.

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

A "basic" Senator makes 174,000K a year!!!! A YEAR!! For what??!?! Failing. Nice. Not voting? Maybe. Obama did that. I mean what exactly does a Senator do besides sit in very large rooms and clap for things or vote as instructed? How many actually do much of anything?

Why do we not have more SOL Members running?

Senator Mokes. It's got a nice ring to it. I would stand up and yell on CSPAN everyday for you guys!! EVERYDAY!!

I think they should make 100K and still not be able to profit during their term. 100K is a lot of cake. We need less richy-rich types in there anyways. Few Laborer types would help. Non-union of course. :p

Moderate Mokes with another Obama slam,

do you EVER bash the left?

or are you a centrist moderate who hates both parties, but only bashes the left publically?

The Left is guilty of more stupid. Sorry. Your Party sucks worse. At least the Right isn't trying to tax me more, open the Illegal floodgates and take away my guns every week.

The Right just wants freedoms, well, unless you're pregnant and want an abortion, then the Ol' Government should step right in and say..."WHOA NOW!!!! I don't think so young miss!!!!" That and Stem Cell Research. Frozen Eggs=Babies that will never be, but we can't cure Cancer with them. God said so.

Happy Franklin?

Centrist Moderate? Come on......leave those cute little political terms to someone who cares bud. I'm just me. I'm against stupid. I'll pick on who I want, when I want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John M View Post

let them make 174k but make it illegal for them to profit in any other way during or after their term.

see,

we agree,

I always wonder how these career politicians end up to be millionairs.

A "basic" Senator makes 174,000K a year!!!! A YEAR!! For what??!?! Failing. Nice. Not voting? Maybe. Obama did that. I mean what exactly does a Senator do besides sit in very large rooms and clap for things or vote as instructed? How many actually do much of anything?

Why do we not have more SOL Members running?

Senator Mokes. It's got a nice ring to it. I would stand up and yell on CSPAN everyday for you guys!! EVERYDAY!!

My mother thought I would be a good senator.

My mother thought I would be a good senator.

You run and I will be "Vice-Senator Mokes". In case Frank shoots you. I would watch him personally. He's got..."that look". :squid:

I think they should make 100K and still not be able to profit during their term. 100K is a lot of cake. We need less richy-rich types in there anyways. Few Laborer types would help. Non-union of course. :p

Jack Abramoff - Wikipedia

Jack Abramoff is an American former lobbyist and businessman. Convicted in 2006 of mail fraud and conspiracy, he was at the heart of an extensive corruption ...

Having served his 3.5-year sentence in federal prison, last night Jack Abramoff was featured on 60 Minutes.

Abramoff said the single most effective weapon against congressional corruption would be the prohibition of any member of Congress working as a lobbyist, consultant, liaison, etc., after they leave office.

You run and I will be "Vice-Senator Mokes". In case Frank shoots you. I would watch him personally. He's got..."that look". :squid:

Never never could I be a politician because I am committed to telling the truth.

Eh, the salary isn't that big of a deal, the average government employee makes around $126,000 a year. It's the retirement deal, like stated above, for life. Not 50% like military (Old GI bill package) after 20 years.

Way too cushy, and way too many are paid off afterwards for favors.

I don't have a problem with someone bring their name to a law firm like many do, but clearly, some are paid off after their term. There should be VERY tight scrutiny of their financial dealings. Hell, people bitch about CEO's, and generally let this fly no problemo.

One area where there's pretty consistent bilateral scorn.