Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Cigarette Labelling

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

Dont make this thread political or im gonna get pissed off. A judge just blocked a requirement to put really graphic disgusting pictures on cigarette packs. Politics aside, dont we all know the risks? Arent the pictures a bit overboard? Should diseased liver pictues be put on booze bottles? At what point do we let adults be adults and leave the "deterrents" for raisng children.

It's ridiculous.I also don't enjoy driving by an abortion clinic.Not because of what goes on there,but because of the bagsa**** outside with the baby pictures.

All that being said,as of about 2 am last night,I'm one week smoke free.

Eff Ambition,and obama.:)

Dont make this thread political or im gonna get pissed off. A judge just blocked a requirement to put really graphic disgusting pictures on cigarette packs. Politics aside, dont we all know the risks? Arent the pictures a bit overboard? Should diseased liver pictues be put on booze bottles? At what point do we let adults be adults and leave the "deterrents" for raisng children.

I understand that the judge ruled to block the new advertising requirement because he was persuaded the tobacco compaines are likely to win their suit to block it.

Though commercial speech is not "as free" as non-commercial speech, it is "a bit overboard" for government to mandate that tobacco companies put gruesome images on their products' packaging.

Quitting tobacco isn't about individual rights. It is about giving yourself a little more time on the planet. It also is about a sense of power and feeling better health wise. It also is no where near as hard as the media and industry have you thinking it is. If the kine is in there too, you must feel like **** in the morning. I can help if you want. PM

Can someone please make this political?

I wanna see him pissed off.

Hang on...you sayin' he's not pissed off already? :squid:

It's ridiculous.I also don't enjoy driving by an abortion clinic.Not because of what goes on there,but because of the bagsa**** outside with the baby pictures.

All that being said,as of about 2 am last night,I'm one week smoke free.

Eff Ambition,and obama.:)

Day 8 smoke free for me.

They have those gruesome pics on smokes in Canada. You get immune to them in a hurry.

Day 8 smoke free for me.

They have those gruesome pics on smokes in Canada. You get immune to them in a hurry.

Holy guacamolies!8 days you and me both?That's pretty damn cool,especially since it was unplanned synchronization.Good luck stupid greek.:D