Cain emerges unscathed from US harassment storm

Rate this topic

RegDunlop

arrest him immediately.

Politics aside.

He has been accused of aggravated sexual Battery.

you keep posting this

I believe , as in the other cases, they is no criminal recourse since the statute of limitations expired. If that's the case, your arguement doesn't hold water.

"... let it go - lets move forward."

you keep posting this

I believe , as in the other cases, they is no criminal recourse since the statute of limitations expired. If that's the case, your arguement doesn't hold water.

Do you think Sandusky's lawyers are saying the same thing as his last accuser came forward 9 years after a similar staute expired?

The statute clocks ticks from the time of discovery. True or false?

In sexual Assault / Battery or Rape cases does the burden fall upon the victim or law enforcement?

If Law Enforcement is made aware of a Rape or Sexual Assault - I believe they have to act within a statory period from the time they are made aware or of the crime.

Do you think Sandusky's lawyers are saying the same thing as his last accuser came forward 9 years after a similar staute expired?

The statute clocks ticks from the time of discovery. True or false?

In sexual Assault / Battery or Rape cases does the burden fall upon the victim or law enforcement?

If Law Enforcement is made aware of a Rape or Sexual Assault - I believe they have to act within a statory period from the time they are made aware or of the crime.

It varies from state to state and is dependent on the crime. Also, a lot these statutes were extended subsequent to Cain's alleged abhorrent behavior; ex post facto?

It varies from state to state and is dependent on the crime. Also, a lot these statutes were extended subsequent to Cain's alleged abhorrent behavior; ex post facto?

I don't think the statute in Illinois has anything to do with the Victim reporting it, but when LE is first made aware of it.

I know a civil claim can be raised anytime. Whether there is a cause for action is another story.

If a person came on Television and reported to the world ( for the first time) about a crime that occurred 10 or 15 years ago, does Law Enforcement have an obligation to act?

Cain's behavior is not ex-post facto.

Ag Sex Battery has a long established criminal definition.

If a person comes forward 10 years later that they were the victim of a crime and the suspect is still at large, the police have a responsibility - at a minimum - to conduct an investigation.

I don't think the statute in Illinois has anything to do with the Victim reporting it, but when LE is first made aware of it.

I know a civil claim can be raised anytime. Whether there is a cause for action is another story.

If a person came on Television and reported to the world ( for the first time) about a crime that occurred 10 or 15 years ago, does Law Enforcement have an obligation to act?

Cain's behavior is not ex-post facto.

Ag Sex Battery has a long established criminal definition.

If a person comes forward 10 years later that they were the victim of a crime and the suspect is still at large, the police have a responsibility - at a minimum - to conduct an investigation.

it was sexual harassment, not rape

the statute in the applicable state is five years

apples and oranges to continue the excuses

it was sexual harrasment, not rape

the statute in the applicabe state is five years

apples and oranges to continue tihe excuses

Sliding his hand under her dress toward her genitals is sexual battery, not sexual harassment. It is a criminal offense.

Sexual battery is an unwanted form of contact with an intimate part of the body that is made for purposes of sexual arousal, sexual gratification or sexual abuse. Sexual battery may occur whether the victim is clothed or not.

Sliding his hand under her dress toward her genitals is sexual battery, not sexual harassment. It is a criminal offense.

Sexual battery is an unwanted form of contact with an intimate part of the body that is made for purposes of sexual arousal, sexual gratification or sexual abuse. Sexual battery may occur whether the victim is clothed or not.

I was referring to the first two cases

as for using the argument of not filing charges to excuse Cain, those using that logic should spend some time learning about sexual attacks and why it is common for the victims not to file charges. Hint: watch how they are being attacked by the women hating right wingers on this board.

I was referring to the first two cases

as for using the argument of not filing charges to excuse Cain, those using that logic should spend some time learning about sexual attacks and why it is common for the victims not to file charges. Hint: watch how they are being attacked by the women hating right wingers on this board.

"not filing charges" isn't an excuse for Cain. It might be a mystery, but it's not an excuse. That wasn't what I was addressing, anyway. I was just clarifying and explaining that if Cain actually slid his hand up this lady's skirt, it was sexual battery, not sexual harassment and it was a crime instead of a civil complaint. Knowing the law helps keep things in perspective.

"not filing charges" isn't an excuse for Cain. It might be a mystery, but it's not an excuse. That wasn't what I was addressing, anyway. I was just clarifying and explaining that if Cain actually slid his hand up this lady's skirt, it was sexual battery, not sexual harassment and it was a crime instead of a civil complaint. Knowing the law helps keep things in perspective.

SG was using is as a logical explanantion why the stories were false

SG was using is as a logical explanantion why the stories were false

no i wasn't.

I want to see the law enforced.

If this man is a serial pervert, and a victim claiming aggravated battery has come forward, then law enforcement must respond.

my understanding of the law is she has to sign a complaint.

I don't think so since she described the criminal act publically...

I do believe the authorities need to act in this instance.

Here ya go SG:

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/washington-states-statute-of-limitations-on-sexual-abuse.html

The criminal statute of limitations in Washington's is somewhat more complex. For very young children, the rule is rather straightforward: any abuse of a child younger than 14 years of age can brought to trial within either 3 years after the 18th birthday of the victim OR 10 years after the crime itself, whichever one is later.

But If the victim is OVER 14 years of age, then it must be reported to the police within 1 year of the abuse, after which there is a 10 year window for the prosecuter to prosecute. If the the abuse is NOT reported within a year, then the victim has only three years from the date of the abuse to press charges.

They are considering eliminating the statute of limitations for all sexual assault cases in Washington, but I don't think that could be applied retroactively. That's what I was referring to in regard to ex post facto. A lot of changes have been made or are being made to the statute of limitations within the past 10 years. Those changes would not apply to Cain (I don't think anyway).

Regardless of when the act occurred, it was when it became known.

Think of the victim.

Many cannot bring themselves to report these crimes until years later and sometimes they emerge out speculation many years after the event.

How many victims have come forward in the Penn case - several years after the alleged criminal contact.

In sexual battery cases - more often than not, Law Enforcement has an obligation to investigate.

Maybe Cain has escaped the harassment storm...... Maybe not.... I know some pretty vocal Reps who were pretty vocal for Cain and while they haven't denounced him in any way they have backed way off on how great of a candidate he would be in the past week. I also know some people who were big into Perry a few backs but apparently there was a press conference or something and Perry was described to me as looking drunk/drugged and those people backed off him as well.

It's early yet and I am truly hoping either someone else steps in or Mitt gets the Rep nod.

John

Create instead of living off the buying and selling of others.......