Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beret

FlexSeal - Don't laugh

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Guys just started to get severe leaks in my Hogmann Wadelite waders.....they are 5 years old. Patched then several times with Aquaseal.....with success, but this season buckets coming in thru a crack in the boot and seam. I already have ordered and received my new LL Bean Emerger waders and love them. Here is the question......how to salvage my Hogmann for backup and/or quest...........hence FlexSeal.

I understand the hype and fully would not go out in a boat with a screen bottom sprayed with FlexSeal,,,,,,but what about this product for my old Hogmann. I was thinking of buying a can and spraying the entire boot and about a inch above the boot/seam line with this product.......what could it hurt......appreciate your thoughts.......thanks guys.

Should work. Based on the TV infomercial, all it seems to be is a form of rubberized undercoating for vehicle chassis. I bet you could buy rubberized undercoat from Walmart and it would seal it up.

Walmart sells rubber undercoating from Rustoleum, but does not carry Plasti-dip which i use for tons of stuff. It's pretty much the same thing though. I am not sure if it will adhere well to waders, but if it does put on a few coats. You can brush it on or spray it on. Another option that i like is the self adhesive thin nylon patches that Walmart sells now in the sewing area, that stuff is amazing and is super strong and sticks great.

The Stuff looks pretty interesting & I was thinking of ordering a couple of cans myself.

I don't know how it would work on the waders or if it would be pliable enough. But it's worth a shot.Looks like you could use it in many ways.

The Plasti-Dip also should work. I have found several uses for it even in my tying flies. You can also get a thinner for the Plasti-Dip.

But just make sure when using either you have good ventilation. The Stuff is very toxic.

The Plastic-Dip is smooth where the Flex seal looks like it has a sand paper surface. Let us know how it turned out.

The Stuff looks pretty interesting & I was thinking of ordering a couple of cans myself.

I don't know how it would work on the waders or if it would be pliable enough. But it's worth a shot.Looks like you could use it in many ways.

The P.

If you have a Boscov's store near you, they have it in the :seen it on TV " area. You save on S &H.

cwm40.gif  I had thought the same thing about the FlexSeal and similar applications.  icon14.gif

However, I'm going to try and go another way, but I don't know that I'll check see if it works until spring:  3M waterproof med. tape.  If this stuff is left on something that ain't skin, for a little length of time, it sticks!  If you try to remove it, you're not going to pull it off in one strip--the way it went on.  This is the foam stuff that is stretchy flexible.

I don't know, but I'm anticipating that the "cure time" is what will be the key factor: days, week(s) or maybe more.  headscratch.gif   Maybe all winter--but that's OK for now.  tongue.gif  (Anyway, I too have another pair right now that don't leak.)