Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H'Islander

2011...The End.

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

@*$!^#@*....hate to see it end, but it's great to have a pal with a hydraulic trailer....Saving $840 in storage fees not icluding the governors extortion money...512

I'll be able to work on her through the cold days....moving to the Pawkatuck (sp?) for 2012.

The Sharkey Clan was honored to have been aboard Bud. Thanks for the day and hopefully next year we'll have some better luck with the fish. Since you'll be closer to OUR kind of water, maybe you'd like to go for a few mako or thresher steaks. It's been too long for me....:D

Sharkin' will be a major effort for me next year, and If I can dial in the range, I'll be all about the tuna too. Up in the Thames it was another 40-50 miles RT eaten up just to get to the eastern tip of fisher's island. And as far as boat-camping goes, I'll be 3 gallon RT to napatree, maybe 35 gallons RT to BIRI. I couldn't stand having a boat and not able to afford the gas to use it in the areas that are worth going to.

Sharkin' will be a major effort for me next year, and If I can dial in the range, I'll be all about the tuna too. Up in the Thames it was another 40-50 miles RT eaten up just to get to the eastern tip of fisher's island. And as far as boat-camping goes, I'll be 3 gallon RT to napatree, maybe 35 gallons RT to BIRI. I couldn't stand having a boat and not able to afford the gas to use it in the areas that are worth going to.

If you can reach the island ok, sharkin is just a stones throw farther bud. No God awful distances required. We'll have to do a range vs distance needed analysis when the time comes. Maybe an excel spreadsheet with graphs and really cool little cartoon icons....:D

Trying to broker a deal with Nor'West...There are a few other boats wanting to leave and I'm thinking that if I have, collectively, 100 or so ft of boat to bargain with I might be able to work a few incentives, like paying for the boat size and not just the slip size...I'm open to suggestions if you know of a relaxed marina that doesn't nickle and dime it's patrons to death.

Kev, PM ,me the beam, draft and length. Plus price" ya cheap skate" you're willing to pay. And your PN

I'll get back to ya' better to do a face to face with these guy's.

PS: You know ow me 2 plug's!

:D

For the record...I'm a 1978 founding member of the "Stay Cheap Club for Men"....Cheap skate is far too polite. I prefer "miserable penny-piching sonnovabitch"... I need a place where you can bend a wrench on your own engines without freaking out the neighbors.

PM Sent