Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shag

Watch Out for Key Thieves

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

A co-worker went to the gym the other day. As per what I do, he locked his wallet and money clip in the car, hung his keys on the key rack and worked out. He got home and asked his wife if she had seen his wallet. He couldn't find it so he went back to the gym, and asked at the desk if anyone had found a wallet. No wallet turned in , but the person behind the counter said something about a weird guy with a day pass who made a mess of the key rack. My friend was called a couple of days later by detectives. Seems the perpetrator grabs a few keys off the rack goes out to the lot and hits the remotes until a car beeps and flashes. Then he opens the car and rips it off. He's hitting up gyms because a lot of guys, don't leave their stuff in the locker room.

Be careful out there guys. Leave the remote and just take a key.

Pete

BTW $3000.00 on the credit cards in just an hour.

A co-worker went to the gym the other day. As per what I do, he locked his wallet and money clip in the car, hung his keys on the key rack and worked out. He got home and asked his wife if she had seen his wallet. He couldn't find it so he went back to the gym, and asked at the desk if anyone had found a wallet. No wallet turned in , but the person behind the counter said something about a weird guy with a day pass who made a mess of the key rack. My friend was called a couple of days later by detectives. Seems the perpetrator grabs a few keys off the rack goes out to the lot and hits the remotes until a car beeps and flashes. Then he opens the car and rips it off. He's hitting up gyms because a lot of guys, don't leave their stuff in the locker room.

Pete

So the thief hung the keys back on the rack after he did his thing?

People are crazy. I'm not surprised this happened though. My gym has the same thing with the key rack out in the open. No thanks; my keys, wallet, watch, etc., occasionally my .380 depending what time I go to the gym all stay in my gym bag which stays with me at all times.

Can't trust anyone these days unfortunately.

there's nothing in my truck to steal, also I don't carry any cash and there's very little money in my bank account, almost sounds like guys are starting to carry more crap than girls do, :)

How much trouble is it to keep your keys with you when you work out? Key rack!?! Thats a damn stupid idea.

Evidently too much. I'd sooner wear a *** bag than leave my keys on a rack.

Did come up with a plan, there are an awful lot of gyms, these should sell like hotcakes.

Here's a concept worth consideration. Put you wallet, watch, cell phone. keys etc on your gym, bag. Then lock your bag and jacket in a locker using your own (personal)

combination lock. Gym bags should not be on the gym floor.

Pete

you should have kept your keys in a locker or your gym bag, lesson learned! Sorry to hear about that !

another scam...

take keys make imprint of house key or outright copy house key...go to car get home address, then they have access to your house...this is big with valets...

i hate valet parking, my wife says cause i'm cheap., which i am, but not the reason i hate valet parking

I went for a tour inside a Muslim mosque in NY. about 2 years ago and they insisted that we take our shoes off.

It was some kind of silly Muslim law or something and they were VERY serious about it.

So everybody obediently took off their shoes and put them on this big shelving unit just outside the main room.

Everybody except me!!!! I went on the tour wearing my sneaks and disrespecting Allah for 20+ minutes.

Nobody noticed it until we were filing out of the main room and back into the "shoe room".

Some terrorist with an official Mosque tour guide name tag abruptly stopped me, pointed at my feet and said," You wear the shoe inside?" (translation: Did you wear those shoes into the mosque?")

I said, " Hahahahahahahaha"....................and strolled out the door. :)