Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Lure Washer

Pizza

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

After watching Man vs Food all afternoon, I am on the quest to find some good Chicago style deep dish Pizza in this state. Does anyone have any suggestions that are in close proximity to Bristol?

If you ever want THIN CRUST, wood fired ovens, try Veronas on Rte 322 at the foot of the mountain. about 4 miles west of my house. Free Garlic knots while you wait......Coldest beer around too.:p

The best pizza in the state can only be found on Wooster Street in New Haven. You have the original Peppes, The Spot right behind them, and Salleys just down the street. Depending on when you go, be prepared to stand in line at each place. Check their websites for hours.

That's why it's chitown deepdish, knida like nyc bagels or pizza.:D

Don't drink the water, but if you cook without it, it just won't taste the same.

Russ is that the place that used to be the bank next to Sam the Clams?

No, it's about 3 miles west, on the other side of I-84 on the right. It's the first store in a small plaza where custom coach is.

R

In CT that type of pizza is called Sicilian, I used to be able to get it at Danny's Expresso in West Haven. I know the dreaded Pizza Hut makes deep dish, which is about what Chicago Pizza is equal to. This is a neapolitan pizza dominated area, for good reason.

sicilian can be alright, its not that pastry crust filled with crappy bland cheese covered with bitter crushed tomatoes abomination they call pizza in the midwest.

those people consider wonder bread topped with ketchup and melted kraft singles pizza too. i hate them.