Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riptide

Why I quit fishing........

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

.....for the season ;)

Ruge finally was able to join me and Rip bird hunting today. We got 4 quail in the usual spot, then hit a new spot and got 2 nice roosters!!!! What A Great Morning!!!!!

hunting quail is blast, nice to see the ticks were pretty manageable today on the cape. pheasant hunting is doggie crack, but my "waterdog" does seem to enjoy it, and I guess I don't mind it so much either!!!  wink.gif

I'm not a hunter, but gotta love the pic!! Love to try....some day. Are you (Riptide) doing a hunting guide service by chance?

Unfortunatly not right now. We have seriously thought about doign "Cast & Blast" trips with a day of hunting and a day of fishing combined. But at this point I'm just sticking with fishing charters.

Not sure if I ever put this up on SOL. This is RIP as a puppy, around 14-16 months old. It was our first trip to Addiville with him. He was new and we were pretty rusty. But its still pretty cool watching the little guy work an absolute TON of birds!

Takes me back. When the bride and I lived in the boonies in Quebec (vs the semi suburbs in Ontario) I had a big black Lab and a liver/white Springer Spaniel. They had it worked out. The Springer would flush but not retrieve and the Lab was the opposite. Good pair, lots of Grouse, lots of fun.

Regards

Another amazing day on Cape Cod. Today RIP and I hunted with Ruge and Capt. Curt Jessup of Sea Tow Cape Cod. We ended up with 7 quail and 4 nice pheasant. We hunted some of the most beautiful areas on the Cape. You don't have to travel far for great hunting and awesome views!!!

[img=

url]<a href=[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2481735/width/522/height/700]

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2481741/width/522/height/700' alt='700'>

were all those birds taken from the same spot, and correspond to where the pics were taken? if you don't mind me asking that is... just doesn't look like the spots that DFW stocks with quail, so i'm curious...