Proposed Striper Regulation Changes

Rate this topic

Mike415

Well Gentlemen.....Theres been some great responses to their actions....Most of us know who the real culprit is in this case...I'm sure the Df&G knows also..I don't believe they're stupid...The F&G is a appointed office & we know who gives the orders to them...In most issues ,they've already made their decisions before the meetings happen...We've had this problem in the recent past on irredication of stripers by a politicion representing the growers & it failed badly..We had over 600 letters at Sacramento & it did'nt even get proposed...It's time to start the letter backlash once more..We had Primaz rewrite all emails to snail mail as it has more impact..He did one hell of a job..Along with memdership in Orgs like CSBA & others who fight these issues in court..It's the best way to fight this bullcrap... There was a article in the paper a while back about the So cal grower & Telling how he helped Feinstein in her political career etc..So how do you think she voted on the water issues?>>So Moocks You really think these people in office have a consience ?? I put polititions & lawers in the same catagory..Out for themselves & no one else..we've had some great responses from our members who can make a real difference in our fight...And fight is what it will beto get our fishery back...it's going to take everyone to get involved to show these water barons that we mean business & we're not going away...Start with the letters now or kiss the fishery goodbye..We're pissed off & we're not going to take it anymore..Jim:mad::mad::mad:

Marty sent this reply to me earlyer this year in response to my concerns about Striped Bass regulation changes. I think he realises that water diversion is the main issue, but he can't say that. This is what he could say

" Hello,

I'm glad you told me about your observations and concerns. Because of on-going litigation, I can't discuss with you the potential impact of striped bass on fish or the impact of different regulations on striped bass. I agree with you that water quality and water diversions are the major factor in the decline of many Delta fish populations."

Take care

Marty Gingras

Supervising Biologist (Fisheries)

California Department of Fish and Game

Bay Delta Region

4001 North Wilson Way

Stockton, California 95205

These people are selling us down the river. Better start sending letters.

This proposal was released at a time when the Obama and Brown administrations, in spite of massive opposition, are fast-tracking the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP) to build a peripheral canal or tunnel to export more Delta water to corporate agribusiness and southern California. The peripheral canal, a controversial plan to divert water from the Sacramento River in the North Delta rather from the existing pumps in the South Delta, came up during the workshop when Gingras responded to a question why state-of-the art fish screens hadn't been installed at the Delta pumps, as mandated under the CalFed Record of Decision.

Neither Gingras or Lehr were able to answer this question. However, Gingras, appearing to endorse the concept of the peripheral canal, claimed, "If we take water out of the Sacramento River, we won't have to continue the trap and truck system of salvaging fish and we won't have the same problems with the fish screens we have now."

Two things in life I love. Fishing, and looking at the wives pictures on the milk Carton

These people are selling us down the river. Better start sending letters.

This proposal was released at a time when the Obama and Brown administrations, in spite of massive opposition, are fast-tracking the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP) to build a peripheral canal or tunnel to export more Delta water to corporate agribusiness and southern California. The peripheral canal, a controversial plan to divert water from the Sacramento River in the North Delta rather from the existing pumps in the South Delta, came up during the workshop when Gingras responded to a question why state-of-the art fish screens hadn't been installed at the Delta pumps, as mandated under the CalFed Record of Decision.

Neither Gingras or Lehr were able to answer this question. However, Gingras, appearing to endorse the concept of the peripheral canal, claimed, "If we take water out of the Sacramento River, we won't have to continue the trap and truck system of salvaging fish and we won't have the same problems with the fish screens we have now."

Face it Marty has either lost his balls or is on the payroll of the corporate Farms and sold his soul. I will never give him peace in this life and hope he dies before me so I can piss on his grave.

Face it Marty has either lost his balls or is on the payroll of the corporate Farms and sold his soul. I will never give him peace in this life and hope he dies before me so I can piss on his grave.

that's not really constructive, chris... :wave:

Quote:Originally Posted by Surf HunterI don't wanna grow boobies.

Exactly, and I told him just that, except for the pissing on his grave,,,forgot that part.

Winch....We may have to take num

bers for the long line at the grave..::D:D A while back there was a debate on radio about the new proposed larger canal..The so cal group said there was way too much water lost during the winter rains..And if there were a larger pipe that they could punp this water south to holding areas.also would help the flood staging at these times..If this were done , then they could stop pumping during the fish escapement times of the year , since they hadthe larger canal & extra water from the winter months,,A lady from Save the delta exclaimed.." you were told by the courts to stop pumping during the exscapement times...You said sure & we found out you pumped anyway" How do you expect us to trust you with a bigger canal..:mad::mad:..Nothing was done because of this incident...There was tests done & it showed that the water was,nt: the only product pumped into the farm fields....There were Zillions of minute fish in there also...So they got water & fertilizer at the same time.. This guy RESNICK is the major grower down south...He even bragged about how he helped Feinstein in her political career..And it was published in the Examiner...What balls..I believe that they;re neighbors in hawaii..Think theres much political talk at the dinner table? He has money to burn & not afraid to spend on lawers...Thats wy I say join the stripers orgs & get representation in courts to fight these rapist of our once great fishery..If you don't write the letters & get into thr orgs, then he wins ...Thats what they're counting on...You can't expect others to do your work foryou..It's got to be a total response from all of us...It's the only way to beat these bungholes..It's your decision...We even had our brothers from the east coast writing for us during our last fight..We also did the same for them on the Gamefish & menhaden issues ..We have to work together on this... Jim

Jim I send out e-mails and snail mails. I even have my kids send them out. I would be willing to even burn down a few homes if I thought it would help. Perhaps we need to start are own campsite like them clowns in Oakland.

Occupy DFG Fling? :idea:

Be the chimp, not the frog.....

Thank you for the videos..I just sent a very direct email and now am working on letters

I thought if we typed up a very simple and effective paper to post at our local baitshops to hang up with dfg contact info and proposed regulations and why fisherman should be concerned   to make fisherman aware of what's going on   and how to make their voices heard!

Who's with me?