Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jmat321

Rex Plays Diehard Patriots Fan in new Adam Sandler film

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Rex Ryan has officially gone Hollywood.

The brash-talking Jets’ coach plays, of all things, a New England Patriots fan in an upcoming movie starring Adam Sandler. Rich Eisen revealed the news on his Thursday podcast that featured Sandler.

Ryan plays a Boston lawyer in the film entitled "I Hate You, Dad."

It’s not Ryan’s first rodeo on the acting scene. Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum had cameos on an episode of "CSI: New York" earlier this year.

“He’s my lawyer,” Sandler told Eisen. “My character… is kind of a dirtbag guy and he’s in trouble. Rex is an inexpensive lawyer in town. He takes care of me. He’s also a mammoth Patriots fan in the movie.”

Ryan as a Patriots fan?

“We wrote it in the script,” Sandler said. “He was great enough to be loose and funny about it. He talks about Brady. He talks about Coach Belichick. He’s really cool.”

As expected, Ryan was fully prepared to take on the role for the scene shot in Massachusetts this summer.

“I saw him in the hotel in the morning going to the set,” Sandler said. “I saw Coach running lines with two nice girls that work for the Jets. Just seeing the coach in the lobby doing his lines and memorizing them, closing his eyes. Then he put on a suit. Kind of a goofy suit. And he did great… He did nail it.”

Sandler, a die-hard Jets fan, also refuted rumors that he played a role in trying to recruit prized free agent Nnamdi Asomugha in the offseason.

“I don’t think I would have been the go-to guy for that,” Sandler cracked.