Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mick2360

Hey Jonesy....

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Mick- the guy was growing on me until i sniffed out that he is just the black Bill Clinton. i have principles and values. what can i say? I'm a conservative. not a Republican.....:D

Mick- the guy was growing on me until i sniffed out that he is just the black Bill Clinton. i have principles and values. what can i say? I'm a conservative. not a Republican.....:D

Jonesy......why the obsession? Did something "happen" to you?

actually, to some people Bill Clinton is black.

Not so sure Cain rises anywhere near the Clinton level; there were women there who came forward and accused him of sexual assault. Sounds more like an issue of a disgruntled employee or to making an unprovable accusation and settling for 'shut up and go away' money.

The bigger issue for me is the ham handed way the charges have been handled. The eventual nominee must bring a competence to the office that is beyond Obama. Not sure that Cain is the guy.

Not so sure Cain rises anywhere near the Clinton level; there were women there who came forward and accused him of sexual assault. Sounds more like an issue of a disgruntled employee or to making an unprovable accusation and settling for 'shut up and go away' money.

The bigger issue for me is the ham handed way the charges have been handled. The eventual nominee must bring a competence to the office that is beyond Obama. Not sure that Cain is the guy.

I dunno. the multiple settlements go along with being a ****, which ain't a bad thing. Back then a lot of stuff went down in office buildings and business trips and a lot of settlements were had while the rules were made clear. But Jonesy has been consistent with his observation that Obama and Romney seem to be the ony two in DC that keep it in their pants.

Aside from being a ladies man, the arrogance to parse words rather than deal with it is remarkably similar.

I will give you this, Mick, the intern thing was nothing compared to what Bill did while he was governor, and I don't see anything from the Cain situation that would suggest he did anything of that nature.

I dunno. the multiple settlements go along with being a ****, which ain't a bad thing. Back then a lot of stuff went down in office buildings and business trips and a lot of settlements were had while the rules were made clear. But Jonesy has been consistent with his observation that Obama and Romney seem to be the ony two in DC that keep it in their pants.

Aside from being a ladies man, the arrogance to parse words rather than deal with it is remarkably similar.

I will give you this, Mick, the intern thing was nothing compared to what Bill did while he was governor, and I don't see anything from the Cain situation that would suggest he did anything of that nature.

I believe a lot of people are biloviating about this for nothing. If there is something there, let it come out. It may be nothing or it may be something but right now NOBODY REALLY KNOWS AND EVERYONE IS SPECULATING. I like Cain and would certainly back him should he win the nomination. But I will also admit, his handling of the situation has probably made things worse.

I would guess that most of us have worked in co-ed offices at one time or another in our lives and the amount of flirting, joking, etc., etc. can lead to a situation where charges can be brought by someone unscrupuless or someone trying to get even. As I said, it could be nothing, it could be chasing some chick around a desk, could be a hand on the butt, it could be "if you want to keep your job"...however, until we know, we're just blowing smoke at each other.

I believe a lot of people are biloviating about this for nothing. If there is something there, let it come out. It may be nothing or it may be something but right now NOBODY REALLY KNOWS AND EVERYONE IS SPECULATING. I like Cain and would certainly back him should he win the nomination. But I will also admit, his handling of the situation has probably made things worse.

I would guess that most of us have worked in co-ed offices at one time or another in our lives and the amount of flirting, joking, etc., etc. can lead to a situation where charges can be brought by someone unscrupuless or someone trying to get even. As I said, it could be nothing, it could be chasing some chick around a desk, could be a hand on the butt, it could be "if you want to keep your job"...however, until we know, we're just blowing smoke at each other.

Yep. Trying to figure out a way to make something out of it and in lieu of that, at least trying to inflict as much damage as possible even if it's just "well, how he handled the attempts to smear his character weren't presidential".

Which reminds me.... did he, by any chance get on the camera and wave his fingers in everyone's faces with the best frown of righteous indignance he could muster and say "I NEVER SEXUALLY ASSAULTED THAT GIRL"?

do you realize you said this is nothing, and then a few words later say it could be something????

which is my whole point. It should have been nothing. It was certainly something to be addressed and laid to rest.

I was in an office when this stuff came up and lawsuits filed. The bulk of them were dealt with with some workplace education and an overall change in how people comprted themselves in the office.

One or two actually did result in settlements, and there really wasn't a secret the guy was the office perv. He was a rainmaker so it was handled quitely, but people were transferred to better jobs and cash in pocket.

There is a level of speculation that isn't out of line. We can pretty much assume he didn't rape them, not for $35k settlements. But I wouldn't be surprised as all if he was making unwanted advancements, lewd comments and some grabass.

Even notice how the office wolf seems to attract these type of accusations while the decent guys seems to never be a target?

do you realize you said this is nothing, and then a few words later say it could be something????

which is my whole point. It should have been nothing. It was certainly something to be addressed and laid to rest.

I was in an office when this stuff came up and lawsuits filed. The bulk of them were dealt with with some workplace education and an overall change in how people comprted themselves in the office.

One or two actually did result in settlements, and there really wasn't a secret the guy was the office perv. He was a rainmaker so it was handled quitely, but people were transferred to better jobs and cash in pocket.

There is a level of speculation that isn't out of line. We can pretty much assume he didn't rape them, not for $35k settlements. But I wouldn't be surprised as all if he was making unwanted advancements, lewd comments and some grabass.

Even notice how the office wolf seems to attract these type of accusations while the decent guys seems to never be a target?

When decent guys become CEO's a few of these isn't unusual. The decent guy in the office isn't high enough on the totem pole for gold diggers to put the crosshairs on his forehead. The decent guy as CEO, on the other hand, is.