Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codfish

cod limit for nov 1

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I'm fairly certain that the CCZ pictured (spawning grounds) is closed to both recreational and comm take...the 2 fish 75 lb area is everything north of Cape Cod. Its pretty confusing.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/programsandprojects/ccz.htm

You are correct.....you cannot cod fish in the ccz from nov. 15 thru jan 31.............

I'm also fairly certain "they" like it confusing,so they can always claim you're doing something wrong.

There's nothing confusing about it. The marked area is closed. In all other state waters, it's closed to 'for-hire' cod fishing, and open, with the 2-fish per person, 75 lb. limit per boat for private trips.

There's nothing confusing about it. The marked area is closed. In all other state waters, it's closed to 'for-hire' cod fishing, and open, with the 2-fish per person, 75 lb. limit per boat for private trips.

that clears it up, thanks

Repsectfully disagree. I'm fairly certain that those regs dont apply south of the 42nd parallel, but I could be confused.

I'm fairly certain that the second line entitlted "Cod" with the annotation "South and East of Cape Cod" refers to Atlantic Ocean waters south of 42 degrees, with a ten fish limit ,and would include some State waters. If this is the correct intereptation, then the statement "All other state waters" falls somewhere bewteen confusing and misleading, at least to a simpleton like me.But I could be all wrong.