I lost my love for building

Rate this topic

black talon

like the title says, i lost my love for building. not to sure how i got to this point but i have no ambition in turning anymore wood or picking up my airbrush.

over the years i had a blast trying new things and making them work. thats what i loved the most about the whole plug building process. it's having the ability to custom make a plug to fit the area you fish.

Not to run out and buy a lathe and dup. copie some plugs and start selling them within a years time.

i think it's just how things are now that killed my love for this.

i'll swing by from time to time to see whats up. I've met a lot of great guys here to leave 100%

Keith

rock out with my plug out

it's having the ability to custom make a plug to fit the area you fish.

Not to run out and buy a lathe and dup. copie some plugs and start selling them within a years time.

i think it's just how things are now that killed my love for this.

Keith

your work inspired a lot of younger builders, best of luck.

Sorry to see you have lost the desire. Always admired you skills and enjoyed talking shop with you. You definitely will be missed. Hopefully it is just a temporary thing. Maybe as Benny says a winter get together will get the juices flowing again. All the best.

thanks for your help,you really helped me out.youll be back.the knowledge & experience should not be wasted.you are 1 of the premier builders & perhaps helping other builders would help you to feel like you did when you were building for yourself.any way thanks as without the help of guys like you guys like me would still be trying instead of doing.

its hard tellin, not knowin

Sorry to see this ...your work was something to aspire to.

I have not followed this forum lately since I'm building in winter . I know some will come aboard and pick up some info and are" in business" . And thats not fair to anybody [forum members & people buying ]

Especially forum members , We are losing our mentors . It's a sad commentary on our society -- me-me-me , now-now-now

Kieth, I'm also sorry to hear this - but you gotta do what you gotta do - life is too short and too full of obligations to continue doing something that no longer brings the joy that was your reason for starting in the first place. You have definitely been a fixture, one of maybe adozen names I see and immediately can put the name with your work. That might sound like a lot, a dozen, but it put you in the absolute cream of the crop when you consider how many guys are building/selling plugs today. I want to thank you your participation here, for all the questions you've answered, for the folks you've inspired and the fund raisers you've been a part of.

I sincerely hope you find something that brings you the joy you used to get from plug building - like I said, life is too short and too full of obligations, everyone needs something they love, something that makes them smile just thinking about it. I know you've helped others find joy in plug building, you have my best wishes in finding that kind of joy again :th:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Hey buddy, don't worry now you'll have more time to come down here and fish. Don't give up your talents completely, you spent too much time honing your skills to let them go to waste. I am always looking for a new version of what I like to do to keep it enjoyable. When you done fixing all the flood damages and get some time call me.

If you start playing golf we can't be friends no more though....