Red Wine -- Whatcha drinking?

Rate this topic

Mike

I'm a member of a wine club over here and usually order Riojas. However, for the last while I've be getting through a fair bit of Black Stump from South Australia http://www.blackstumpwines.com/ . It's superb stuff and through the club is the equivalent of $10 a bottle.

Mind you I also like Cabernet Sauvignion, Merlot, Claret, Cianti...............:D

Phil

I keep six honest serving-men (They taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When, And How and Where and Who.

I've been digging around in the cellar lately. Pulled out some crusty dusty bottles of 2000 Barolo and 1997 & 2001 Chiantis. They've aged very, very well. Other than that, we polished of the last of the case of 2010 Cote du Rhone by La Garrigue (sold out everywhere). Also been drinking some nice Pinot Noir -- got a case of 2006 Cima Collina (Monterey CA) for $10 on sale. Excellent value for the $$. Easily drinks like a $20 bottle.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

its not a red. a sweet white. i mention red wine around her and she growls. lol! she doesnt care for a dry wine. her latest fav one is reisling by barefoot. its cheap and i get better lookin the more she drinks. :D

a "white wine" can be red in color? :confused:

this is worth the $$, about $30

There I was thinking "Another cute gadget..." when my wife's BFF send us an e-mail saying watch for a package. you see where this is going, that's what we got. Mrs jeep thinks it is working great, me, I just like the noises it makes.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6

As far as I'm concerned that Vinturi is worth every penny!  Good price on Amazon.  We did blind tasting with friends, the results were amazing!  It works especially well with my favorite box wines or more rustic/younger vintages.  I've not tried the one for whites, only reds.  Hmmm... wonder what it would do for vinegar?  biggrin.gif

I love me some wine. Unfortunately, I also have an expensive palate.:(

I really like central California coast Syrahs, Alsacian Reislings, and a nice Rhone blends.

Used to have a decent cellar, but we've drank through most of it as this point. Still have a case or so of 2003 MacPrice Myers Syrah and a case of 2003 Novy Gary's Vineyard Syrah which might be my favorite wines ever. I've had works of art like a 96 Lafite and a 2000 Cheval Blanc, but these two Syrahs just go perfect with my palate. If I could still find either, I'd buy up all I could.

As far as I'm concerned that Vinturi is worth every penny!  Good price on Amazon.  We did blind tasting with friends, the results were amazing!  It works especially well with my favorite box wines or more rustic/younger vintages.  I've not tried the one for whites, only reds.  Hmmm... wonder what it would do for vinegar?  :D

personally i wouldn't buy the white one, i just use the red one for both

I generally drink more expensive beer then wine.......... but

2001 Travaglini Gattinara !! Love it

Made from the Nebbiolo grape, same grape used to make Borolo's

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

In Corona Queens NY, there is a resturaunt by the name (The Park Side) ... They serve during your meal a house red that is unbelievable , they will also sell by the mag. for $20 take home ... Delicious to say the least... Love a GOOD red now and again...

My rod and my reel , thy comfort me ...

I generally drink more expensive beer then wine.......... but

2001 Travaglini Gattinara !! Love it

Made from the Nebbiolo grape, same grape used to make Borolo's

TRAVAGLINI

Gattinara Riserva 2001

Personal Wine List

Score: 92

Release Price: $46

Region: Piedmont

Issue: Dec 15, 2007

Shows decadent aromas of fruit, with raw tobacco and fresh flowers. Full-bodied, with chewy tannins and lots of fruit and spices on the finish. This is still coming together. Needs time. Best after 2012. 3,200 cases made. –JS