Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Red Wine -- Whatcha drinking?

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

Me,me,me....I wanna play!

What 05 are you having?

I am VERY partial to Bordeaux.....you can say it is my "go to".....2005's are indeed winding down- harder to get yer hands on them- unless you bought some in recent years....

Do not discount some of the "softer" vintages.....plenty of winners in the off years that drink superb and don't have the financial hype that 2000, 2003,2005,2009 years have...

But don't despair- my favorite as of late, Chateau Larose Trintaudon 2005 has plenty of bottles left of that epic year...trust me....

I know;)

Between the ******* Flyers and the kids trying to kill each other I'm going with Seagrams VO and ginger Ale for the old school High Ball.

6-4, they're coming back for the win in the 3rd. :beers:

Mama RedJeep likes dry reds. So one of her favs is Forest Glen Cab Sav. She only had one glass tonight, after a couple of scotches.

Peace

Zuma -- I'm sitting on a couple hundred bottles of '05. I bought wines that are good 2010-2015, some that will be good around 2015-2020 and some around 2020+. Hope I'm around to enjoy them!

Spec -- Have to agree with Shiraz and a good steak. It always amazes me how Aussi Shirazes do so well in blind tastings.

As for the Flyers -- eff Hockey. :th:

Next time you have a prime rib or good ribeye give an Australian Shiraz a try from the Bowen or Rothbury Estates.

Aussie shiraz can be a bit over the top to enhance the "goodness" of a prime cut of cow...(jmoo)

That damn green pepper,spiciness of Aussie Shiraz always faulks up my palate...

For something a little more supple, maybe a cote rotie from the northern rhone- usually blended with a tad of viiogner(sp?) which always mellows out the spiciness of syrah...pricy, but worth every scheckle.....

That said, I've been a big fan of petit syrah lately....a whole nuther grape from the syrah/Shiraz...much,much more jammy, but not with the over tight tannins that require a fatty cut of meat...try it! I am sure you will like it!

Again........JMOO.......