What do you do during the Winter?

Rate this topic

Lando

I am almost done fishing for the year.  We are expecting snow here tomorrow night.  I think it is time to pack up the gear.  I have a few things I want to do.  My reels are designed for freshwater so I need to clean them very well.  I am still shopping for a new fishing rod.  My lures hooks all have rust on them since they are freshwater lures.  I will replace those hooks and split rings.  Do they make small treble hooks for saltwater use?  I think these are size 1 hooks.  I think I need to buy saltwater hooks for bigger fish and they will last longer.

What do you do during the Winter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by strike master View Post

Count how many days are left until spring trout seasonbiggrin.gif

"May the lures be with you"

I already am! LOLOLOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricise10 View Post

Work n make plugs

What plugs do you make?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strike King View Post

head to the mountains

stowe.jpg

Gorgeous!

Build fishing rods, and conduct seminars on buildin grods. I will also be helping teach a class in January, and am considering doing more classes in my shop in 2012

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

Do a project or two around the house. Go skiing in Vermont. I'm going to set up my Renzetti rod lathe and stuff and learn to make my own rods. Make a couple trips south to fish for a couple of weeks. Take a half dozen cod trips out of Montauk. Before you know it, it's St. Patrick's Day and I'll be prepping the boat for another season.

No problem here finding things to do.

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave.