Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMC22

Striped bass Footage

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Thanks guys.... they were taken with an Olympic Stylus 850 SW digital camera. Nothing fancy at all. The water was as clear as the caribbean those few days. Cant imagine the footage I could have taken if I had a legit setup. Crazy thing is water was probably mid 70's, sun was as high as it could be and there were hundreds of people swimming within a few yards of these fish. So much for being spooked.

Thanks guys.... they were taken with an Olympic Stylus 850 SW digital camera. Nothing fancy at all. The water was as clear as the caribbean those few days. Cant imagine the footage I could have taken if I had a legit setup. Crazy thing is water was probably mid 70's, sun was as high as it could be and there were hundreds of people swimming within a few yards of these fish. So much for being spooked.

I can't tell you how many times I've snorkled off jetties in the middle of summer, tons of people nearby and seen schools of bass like those in the video. As a matter of fact, I can't remember too many times I haven't seen bass around the rocks but just try catching them at that time

Yea... I would say 90% of the time if the water is clear you can spot at least one bass if you make a loop around the jetty. Two summers ago I was able to go down at night and catch one or two every outing. Small ones. This past summer, not so much.

cool! they did not seem to care at all that you were so close to them. also interesting that they stay close to the bottom when they are not tight against the jetty. I wonder why?