Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfstryker

WTT: RM Plugs and plug bag for boat setup

18 posts in this topic

Seeing if there is any interest in this, will post a pic of plugs tonight if there is.

What I've got:

Ghost Mackerel Danny

Green Mackerel Giant

White Marble Peanut

Yellow Marble Jigsmith

Scaled Swimmer (white underbelly, blue scales to gold scales on top)

Green Needle - possibly fished once

Shimano double row plug bag

All (except for needle) are new, never carried, but I did open the package.

What I want:

A boat setup that I can use for Tog, Sea Bass, Flounder, and also for Stripers and blues. This is my first boat setup, all I have are surf setups. I would like something conventional possibly like a Penn 965 with a levelwind or something similar (will be my first conventional as well). I'm really open to ideas and possibilities but don't want to get something that's not going to work for me.

I have a few Avets, but they are left hand retrieve. Not sure if your lefty or righty and I have a 7'6 Shimano Calcutta rod that is rated between 12-25 pounds, lure weight 1/2 ounce to 1 1/2 ounce. Sensitive tip and the Avet on there now is a SX MODEL Magic cast. No worries of chucking lures off this setup as well as jigging. Let me know, thanks. Also, I have a Diawa Luna 300L with 40# Suffix, but again it is left hand retrieve.

I have a few Avets, but they are left hand retrieve. Not sure if your lefty or righty and I have a 7'6 Shimano Calcutta rod that is rated between 12-25 pounds, lure weight 1/2 ounce to 1 1/2 ounce. Sensitive tip and the Avet on there now is a SX MODEL Magic cast. No worries of chucking lures off this setup as well as jigging. Let me know, thanks. Also, I have a Diawa Luna 300L with 40# Suffix, but again it is left hand retrieve.

Good for Porgies, Sea bass, flounder, fluke, but for bass and blues and blacks you need more "beef"

but the avet sx has beef. lots of beef. lol

I have a Tica Boat (6', 1-3 oz, model No. BC-MA 318301) matched with US made Penn 500 JigMaster, both in good condition, especially the rod can be rated as mint . The combo was recomended by my neighbor (excellent boat fishman and boat owner) 3 years ago, costed me about $180. Used 3 or 4 times, great for bottom fish, and handled blues and stripers well enough to me. Since I really don't do much boat fishing, you can have them for $100, or trade for a surf rod. We can meet at Jersey shore to save some shipping for 2 rods.

Dolphin - Thanks for the offer, going to hold off for now as I'm mainly trying to trade the items I have, trying to not spend cash, and I do not have a spare rod for trade. Thanks again though!

Dkim - I would be willing to sell

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0