Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FinS 32

Other NJ skishers?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Anyone else skishing our nj coastline. Ive been doin it for a while now alone, and im fine with it but there are some nights where i really wish i was with a partner. Would be nice to meet up with someone else who does do it here. Also like to do some new spots, havent gone in LBI or other yet, becasue i dont know those currents all to well, i mostly do it up north, sandy hook south to squan mainly.

yeah the old jetty, its good structure ive fished it from the surf, but never swam over it. Only thing about it though is at i dont like to be too close to inlets. Boats wont always see you if there are bigger waves especially at night. And yes i pay attention but you never know

to be honest i thought the same first time i went at night. Then i did it. To me its very relaxing, just floating in the calm night bobbing around. You really appreciate the stars and teh light of the moon. Its very relaxing. Some people are worried about sharks and stuff and what you cant see, but nothing out there bothers you. 1 time i saw a shark from a distant and i didnt feel threatened at all. All things considered i actually prefer the whole experience at night than during day.

How do you skish in NJ this time of year - with a cold water survival suit?

waters warm. there are some days like this weekend where teh water will be a nice 60 degrees. ill be warm in teh water while yall are cold on shore. 7mm winter suit is very warm, and 5mm boots. I also this time of year where a 5mm hood and 5mm gloves. you can also wear another vest or jacket, but right now its not necessary. Its getting out of the water with a cold wind that sucks

i wouldnt have the balls to do it, maybe in the day. I wouldnt mind swimming to a rock either and I would love to do it some day at montauk but fishing constantly in the water idk. its a very awesome method of fishing though!

Fin S you where are you in Bergen County? I'm in Bergenfield. I always wanted to do it, but I haven't purchased a wetsuit yet. Maybe you can teach me the ropes.

im in wyckoff, shoot me a pm id love to teach anyone