Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Animal

So,me and DreadK walk into a bar....

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

What's this "me and DreadK walk into a bar" stuff. To add injury to insult I didn't even get a chance to replay to this post until now I must confess, I'm not really sure what point you are making. I've been spending the past few months supporting my son through his first season of travel baseball..U11...very intense. I dropped my rods at the end of Sept/ begining of October. Sure I had big plans, but they went out the door as I had to make sure my son's talent would overcome the politics of travel teams. Anyway, he made the Spring team and had a pretty productive Fall, hitting the only homerun on his team made without any errors...batting 3-hole and playing Centerfield and 2nd base. On top of it all...he's one of the smallest guys on the field.

Remember now, this is only my second season surf fishing for stripers seriously and this Spring I managed to fish up and down the Jersey coast, the Delmarva, and here on the Chesapeake...my home waters...and this summer spent two weeks at the Yankee-In-laws fishing the rocks and beaches off of Cape Ann and Cape Cod. I caught decent, set a personal best, and learned even more. Then his opportunity openned up for my son (50 kids competing for two teams) and I had to drop everything...in part to be supportive...in part not to miss a single minute. No regrets.

Besides I get to start over this Spring....sure it will be tight...but I'll get back to my fishing. It was so tempted to hit NJ again when the baseball season finally ended and I received the reports from various websites stating that "NJ---It's ON'. But I just couldn't pick up my rods and chase reports...that's just not the magic of becoming a surf fisherman. Radical Leftist don't Cheat. We put the effort in (Think Viet Cong) We believe in the struggle on so many levels.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

P.S. Black, 6'.5", 240lbs..but I'm working on the latter. I look like a stick at 215lbs...but a hickory stick...so that's not all bad.

While I"m at it: "Me an Animal walk into a bar...we have a drink...then another...two more and Animal has a stupid look on his face, but he's sitting quietly listening and asking questions. Slowly slowly he's starting to realize FOX news is for suckers...by the end of the night he's a true Dreadista...promptlyh announces that the tide is just right and takes dreadK to his favorite RI striper haunt. It's a place he doesn't even show his other Carnival Barking Brethren. Good to forum, dreadK agrees never to mention the spot or the tactics he's about to learn which work here best. After a very productive night, a couple of hot coffee's, the sun come up. As they lock their gear in their respective truckes, Animal agrees to stuff envelopes and campaign for First Brother-President Barack Hussein Obama....he even puts an Obama 2012 bumper sticker on the bumper of his truck. They both learn each loves America...they've just been defining it differently.

What's this "me and DreadK walk into a bar" stuff. To add injury to insult I didn't even get a chance to replay to this post until now I must confess, I'm not really sure what point you are making. I've been spending the past few months supporting my son through his first season of travel baseball..U11...very intense. I dropped my rods at the end of Sept/ begining of October. Sure I had big plans, but they went out the door as I had to make sure my son's talent would overcome the politics of travel teams. Anyway, he made the Spring team and had a pretty productive Fall, hitting the only homerun on his team made without any errors...batting 3-hole and playing Centerfield and 2nd base. On top of it all...he's one of the smallest guys on the field.

Remember now, this is only my second season surf fishing for stripers seriously and this Spring I managed to fish up and down the Jersey coast, the Delmarva, and here on the Chesapeake...my home waters...and this summer spent two weeks at the Yankee-In-laws fishing the rocks and beaches off of Cape Ann and Cape Cod. I caught decent, set a personal best, and learned even more. Then his opportunity openned up for my son (50 kids competing for two teams) and I had to drop everything...in part to be supportive...in part not to miss a single minute. No regrets.

Besides I get to start over this Spring....sure it will be tight...but I'll get back to my fishing. It was so tempted to hit NJ again when the baseball season finally ended and I received the reports from various websites stating that "NJ---It's ON'. But I just couldn't pick up my rods and chase reports...that's just not the magic of becoming a surf fisherman. Radical Leftist don't Cheat. We put the effort in (Think Viet Cong) We believe in the struggle on so many levels.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

P.S. Black, 6'.5", 240lbs..but I'm working on the latter. I look like a stick at 215lbs...but a hickory stick...so that's not all bad.

While I"m at it: "Me an Animal walk into a bar...we have a drink...then another...two more and Animal has a stupid look on his face, but he's sitting quietly listening and asking questions. Slowly slowly he's starting to realize FOX news is for suckers...by the end of the night he's a true Dreadista...promptlyh announces that the tide is just right and takes dreadK to his favorite RI striper haunt. It's a place he doesn't even show his other Carnival Barking Brethren. Good to forum, dreadK agrees never to mention the spot or the tactics he's about to learn which work here best. After a very productive night, a couple of hot coffee's, the sun come up. As they lock their gear in their respective truckes, Animal agrees to stuff envelopes and campaign for First Brother-President Barack Hussein Obama....he even puts an Obama 2012 bumper sticker on the bumper of his truck. They both learn each loves America...they've just been defining it differently.

Yeah,uh,probably not.:)