Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe G

rthomas

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Here is the rest of the story.

We just got to the canal at 0530. Biked to our spot. Matt and I stopped and began drinking our coffee. Dad stopped and next thing we heard was CRASH! He tried to put his foot down but didn't see the hole and his foot never caught. He went down onto the rocks.

We rushed over and he was responsive. Checked him out and saw the gash. He never got a good look at it but we did. Grabbed a towel and wrapped it. Rest of him was fine...fortunately. He insisted it was a scratch and suggested maybe a butterfly stitch. Yeah right!!

He wanted to relax a bit and watch the sunrise. Gave him a half hour and then saddled up to Tobey Hospital.

Unwrapped it and he finally saw the gash and missing skin.

Final tally was 5 stitches. Gear didn't look bad considering the fall but we will find out eventually.

Out of commission for 10 days at least. Very fortunate nothing more serious happened! Be careful out there, gang. The canal can be very unforgiving!700

Everything is fine.......so far. Other parts of the body are a little sore. Looks like my fishing is over for a couple weeks. Maybe I'll come down "for a rest"

Get well soon! I went down a couple of weeks ago on the rocks a just got bruised up but still had x-rays done on my ribs! We ain't gettin no younger and therefor we don't bounce as high as we used to :D:D:D

Hey Pops this looks like a fish ending cut, at least until next month?? Lets hope this heals and you have no further problems with moving the thumb.

Next time down, it looks like time for coffee will be more in order.???

Take care brother.

u said u had coffee,now i saw a bottle of blackberry brandy on the back of the bike,was that yours or one that joe g. emtyed, now did this happen after i went by, hope your better.......burkie.........p.s. there is no fish in the canal

u said u had coffee,now i saw a bottle of blackberry brandy on the back of the bike,was that yours or one that joe g. emtyed, now did this happen after i went by, hope your better.......burkie.........p.s. there is no fish in the canal

So that's what's been wrong with poor Joe? He's back on the sauce. :( Poor Joe, he's been doing so well. :(

So that's what's been wrong with poor Joe? He's back on the sauce. :( Poor Joe, he's been doing so well. :(

My Hiram Walker blackberry brandy is only used to flambe my favorite dessert, Cherries and Blueberry Jubilee.

u can not find 1 bottle of blackberry brandy within 50 miles of the cape, joe g. and others got them all, its a good thing the campground will close next week...