Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Lippen

Lemme tell you about my friend Sedge Man...

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

See, we were friends since we were little guys. Went to school together, and if I hadn't quit school at 15 and gone off to seek my fortune I expect we would have never lost touch. But I did, and by the time I came back all of my childhood friends had grown up and started familys of their own.

So, fast forward twenty some odd years, here he comes, back livin in my hometown and lookin to join the fire company to help out in any way he can. So I go up to him all these years later and say "Hi Mike, do you remember me?"

"Course I do" he says. And we pick up right away, catchin up on old times and friends.

So last week we're shootin the breeze and he says he's takin the family to Charleston for a week, and do I know what he should bring to fish with and what is the target. I say "Hey you're a member of StripersOnline. What better place to pose such a question."

Couple of days later, he calls me and asks if I would like to dog sit for him.

See, he's already got a sitter set up, but he was thinkin about how sad I was after my buddy passed away this year. And readin my responses to the other guys that have lost fishin partners, that I might like to do this. He's got a yellow Lab named Maggie that I just fell in love with right away, and he saw that. Circumstances being, I hadda pass.

But I just wanted to let you guys know what kinda caring person he is. To offer that to me. I really missed his company and friendship over the past years. But, I'll not make that mistake agian. Hold yer friends close. They might just love you more than you think.

Just thought ya'll might like an uplifting story smile.gif

------------------

SOL#1886

Recovering Idiot

Thanks for the sharing the story brother. We make many acquaintances but few true friends. Hold them close, their the ones that always seem to shine.

amen ben,theys just 4 of us left in my crew now an we hardly see each other to fish with life and health the way things go,3 of us heart patients of the 4,when we do meet tho at the waters edge its great man and no fish gets snuffed.in life as we get older the ranks thin out fast.i was happy to see that old mr.lugnut of 92 years young was still fishing and riding his bike to fish this past week with me down the river.i dont know his real name but he uses a truck lugnuts for a weight and wont use anything else but.great story man.