Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
passiton

Fishing in NJ for the month of October, 2011

Rate this topic

888 posts in this topic

christopherr, for SS darters, I like to put 4/0 VMC in front and 3/0 in back, short-shanked and each attached to a 5H or heavier split ring. I don't usually lose a fish once hooked up on these SS darters.

Report:

Tonight sucked. NoMon front and back.

I agree. I fished front and back of NOMOCO as well and it was dead. didn't see any bait... Calm conditions out front and wind in your face out back... Found some decent looking water but not a tap... I've become a very impatient fisherman...

Fished SH 6:30 am - 9:30 am, 2 bass on Rapala lure, to 28" and 1 blue. Not a bad morning, but hooked my finger getting the 28" off the lure. Thanks to John and Al who had some tape to wrap my finger. Now to take the tape off and see how bad.

Finally got around to fishing again and got a few short bass and blues last night on top water before dark. Couldn't hook up in the dark but maybe tonight? NoMoCo and Jig Smith Spooks. Nice wind and tide with some bait around.

D.J.

I  have never seen so much bait in the water, waves were rolling in full of mullet, as the waves crashed on the beach, mullet went flying in the air. Lots of medium size blues early but later in the day the small blues moved in. Also caught 4 fluke, fished in GE Inlet.