Fishing in NJ for the month of October, 2011

Rate this topic

passiton

The fish are here..........It's On.

There were certainly signs on new life and migratory fish last night. Hopefully this is the start of a push and not a tease. Also saw my first bite on Dave S favorite bait.

"The club tournaments are NOT the problem, in fact the clubs are part of the solution, helping to organize us recreational fishermen.
It's the - kill every one I catch, the lookymee tackle shop video guys, and especially the charter boats, that are the real problem on the rec side." Sudsy
"I object to fishing tournaments less for what they do to fish than to fisherman. They have invaded one of the last refuges of civilized man, transmuted a noble art into something it isn't and shouldn't be... To speak nothing of the repulsive butchery and waste." - Ted Williams

Hey guys don't really post reports too much (don't know why I don't :confused:) but fished some ocean county beaches Sunday night to Tuesday morning. Only a few blues And a bunch of shad on the teaser to show for it. Haven't caught a keeper sized fish since late september.

Hitting SFZ tonight, see what happens I feel good. Anyone else going to be out?

I stopped and looked five times between Monmouth Beach and North Beach at the Hook and I have never seen such a barren, desolate stretch of shoreline in all my years of fishing.

No bait, no boats and only one poor soul with two spiked rods, sitting on a bucket reading a book.

That was me if it was at Sandy Hook by the rocks. Three huge fat blues and a ton of skates. Two busted sand spikes but dropped my book and grabbed the poles before they were dragged into the ocean. They needed a good rinsing to get the sand off. Learned my lesson about drags being too tight.

I stopped and looked five times between Monmouth Beach and North Beach at the Hook and I have never seen such a barren, desolate stretch of shoreline in all my years of fishing.

No bait, no boats and only one poor soul with two spiked rods, sitting on a bucket reading a book.

Just wrapped up my Surf season - done wasting time- day and nite

Boat fish dont count Mr Bigdeal - didnt see too many boats hooking up last couple days... guess you got the secret spot

DEAD at the hook except for a stinkin short on soft plastic- bait guys gettn skates only

I know boat fish don't count.......but there are fish there and I wanted the guys to know that....we need a run of bait comming out of the river to get these guys to come in.....maybe the impending storm or cooler temps. on the way will make it happen for ya at the Hook.....I'm hoping so. When I reported last those fish were staged right at the Rip just waitin' for the ebb to bring them in.....the dinner bell hasn't rung yet......it will.....always try to give current conditions and water temp.

How many nights I spent fishin' at the FH watchin' boats pass within a few hundred yards not knowing what they saw on the screen.....one night I had a fella pull his boat up right in front of me with his thumb pointed down yelling at me ...."They're right there".....Yeah, I couldn't reachem' with a cast but at least I knew what was happening....soon after that evening on the ebb.....it was on.

Just tryin' to pass on info......as he did for me......take it for what it's worth.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

I know boat fish don't count.......but there are fish there and I wanted the guys to know that....we need a run of bait comming out of the river to get these guys to come in.....maybe the impending storm or cooler temps. on the way will make it happen for ya at the Hook.....I'm hoping so. When I reported last those fish were staged right at the Rip just waitin' for the ebb to bring them in.....the dinner bell hasn't rung yet......it will.....always try to give current conditions and water temp.

How many nights I spent fishin' at the FH watchin' boats pass within a few hundred yards not knowing what they saw on the screen.....one night I had a fella pull his boat up right in front of me with his thumb pointed down yelling at me ...."They're right there".....Yeah, I couldn't reachem' with a cast but at least I knew what was happening....soon after that evening on the ebb.....it was on.

Just tryin' to pass on info......as he did for me......take it for what it's worth.

We appreciate it. I followed my logs, they said insane blue fish for the last three weeks. It did not happen. Me i will die trying so last year when i discovered a hole in my waders on dec 5th and wrapped it up , this year i will be prepared because it looks like everything is behind schedule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjspei View Post

Fished the SFZ with a friend. 6pm to 10pm we caught 5 bass to 29" all on plugs.

Tim

Nice fish, Tim!

Fished from 9:00pm to 11:00pm in SFZ, landed a single 29", lost 2. Was amazed by the number of cars parked there today, I went there yesterday (skunked) and my car was the only one there. What difference a day can make!

Fished Wed morning too 7:30am - 8:30am, water was really clean. Caught 2 sundials on bucktail, those fish are aggressive.

SG

"God may I not come back as a bunker in my next life" - bido

did some scouting yesterday and made a plan to fish three spots out front. first one was only shad. second spot was the final spot. hooked 5 bass last night. landed 4. one was a keeper and the others were just under shorts. all fish had a lot of fight in them and even cleared some water on the initial hookset. some monster shad in the mix. caught on my purple over white sandeel teaser and SS needle. NoOcCo

Glad to read that some guys are starting to find and catch fish. Personally, I gave it another shot last evening in the SFZ with no action. I have no idea what the pending bad weather will do for the fishing but in my case, it can only get better. At the end of the day, figuratively and literally, after working and commuting home from the City, even the skunk can't diminish how good it is to be on the beach

the only thing I knew how to do was keep on keepin' on

I've been creeping too long this fall, I think I need to contribute.... went out last night and the story was the same as it has been this entire season... a few shorts right at the tide change very close to structure... that's the only pattern I can put together as I've gotten fish on most offerings (everything from metal lips to darters to needle fish to teasers). last night they wanted colorful SP minnows retrieved painfully slow. I keep hearing about quality fish at night, but keepers have been eluding me.... on the plus side, the fish I got last night were fat, silver/purple, and covered in sea lice....... tis the season

wish I could be more useful.... but I'm having trouble helping myself:confused:

just re-read this and it makes me sound like a self-proclaimed sharpie... keep in mind that this is a summation of my fall so far..... plenty of skunks mixed in there as well, last night was one of them.... did have a blue fish try to hit my SS popper right at dusk.... poor little guy got completely airborne and missed by an honest 2 feet.

hoping for a better outcome tonight with this snotty weather.