Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
passiton

Fishing in NJ for the month of October, 2011

Rate this topic

888 posts in this topic

Decided to fish out front last night around the outskirts of the SFZ. Hit 5 jetties and finally found the fish with some rigged eels. 3 bass on rigged eels 32-41" and 2 shorts. Few other guys out but didn't see anything transforming. Didn't see any forms of bait until the tide moved from slack to the outgoing.

Sand blister been up scaring any one at sh lately?  Any luck?!

He he, no I haven't been out since. I did some freshwater on Monday morning. I'm hoping to get out this week sometime. My only day was going to be Thursday but it looks like rain is coming in.

went 7 for 9 last night between a jetty and the snad. SFZ. decent conditions, saw no bait. biggest fish was 14#lbs smallest was about 2lbs :squid: plugs.

of note, 5 of the nine fish including the 14 and a 12lb jumped like a bluefish/tarpon on the hook set and during the fight. the only saving grace to the flat calm conditions was teh off color. saw no bait, but fish were breaking water for a bit.

ps, you guys talk a lot in a reports thread but not a whole lot of useful info. lots of clucking. cluck. cluck.

I've been creeping too long this fall, I think I need to contribute.... went out last night and the story was the same as it has been this entire season... a few shorts right at the tide change very close to structure... that's the only pattern I can put together as I've gotten fish on most offerings (everything from metal lips to darters to needle fish to teasers). last night they wanted colorful SP minnows retrieved painfully slow. I keep hearing about quality fish at night, but keepers have been eluding me.... on the plus side, the fish I got last night were fat, silver/purple, and covered in sea lice....... tis the season

wish I could be more useful.... but I'm having trouble helping myself:confused:

About the only thing I have to contribute is what is NOT working for me which can be summed up in one word: everything. I hit SFZ yesterday from about 5-6:30 in the afternoon. Conditions seemed great but nothing. Kudos to those that are getting fish.

went 7 for 9 last night between a jetty and the snad. SFZ. decent conditions, saw no bait. biggest fish was 14#lbs smallest was about 2lbs :squid: plugs.

of note, 5 of the nine fish including the 14 and a 12lb jumped like a bluefish/tarpon on the hook set and during the fight. the only saving grace to the flat calm conditions was teh off color. saw no bait, but fish were breaking water for a bit.

ps, you guys talk a lot in a reports thread but not a whole lot of useful info. lots of clucking. cluck. cluck.

Back in NJ?

fish really spread out?, or concentrated pockets of fish? I fished the same stretch for only short time because Im fighting a cold. Got 1 that looked to be just under "keeper" size.... Mag Darter slowly crawling at near zero foward motion. Did see some good blow ups further than I could cast to.

Fish are here and it's building........worried about what this comming storm will do......maybe good and move bait....maybe bad and send fish out......Hmmm.....dunno.

Hey guys was at NoMoCo from 3:30am to about 7:30 am. Started in the back areas and fish were there. I suck and only missed the one fish that hit my line while my buddy Danny next to me landed two and had one take him into some structure and broke him off with a soft plastic lure similar to a hogy but different. All fish wanted were heavy soft plastics and BT's. Like I said I suck and can't land a fish for my life but Danny put a good bend in his 9ft Mojo landing some decent ones. I took a picture of his 34" which measured on his scale around 13lbs or so. For the record I don't know if that weight is correct so I apologize if anyone says otherwise. I cropped most of the photo due to Spot Burning police so please forgive all the white. We Fished for about two hours and then the bite settled down so tried out front with nothing really happening other than one short Danny caught on a megabait. Saw about 4 people with a couple of them landing small schoolies but other than that nothing else happening. So guys the fish are there ive seen them but I just can't catch them. Im no expert but I'd say the time is now to get out and try. Good luck all of you guys.Oh I know the fish looks small but it was legit size next time I will take the picture next to the measuring tape or my rod.

Hey guys was at NoMoCo from 3:30am to about 7:30 am. Started in the back areas and fish were there. I suck and only missed the one fish that hit my line while my buddy Danny next to me landed two and had one take him into some structure and broke him off with a soft plastic lure similar to a hogy but different. All fish wanted were heavy soft plastics and BT's. Like I said I suck and can't land a fish for my life but Danny put a good bend in his 9ft Mojo landing some decent ones. I took a picture of his 34" which measured on his scale around 13lbs or so. For the record I don't know if that weight is correct so I apologize if anyone says otherwise. I cropped most of the photo due to Spot Burning police so please forgive all the white. We Fished for about two hours and then the bite settled down so tried out front with nothing really happening other than one short Danny caught on a megabait. Saw about 4 people with a couple of them landing small schoolies but other than that nothing else happening. So guys the fish are there ive seen them but I just can't catch them. Im no expert but I'd say the time is now to get out and try. Good luck all of you guys.Oh I know the fish looks small but it was legit size next time I will take the picture next to the measuring tape or my rod.

That's awesome...the smoking cigarette butt filter is a nice touch. :th:

That's awesome...the smoking cigarette butt filter is a nice touch. :th:

Yea he will smoke a cigarette anytime he's fishing. I got 3 casts before him with a bucktail and nothing until he casted his line. Oh well.