Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
passiton

Fishing in NJ for the month of October, 2011

Rate this topic

888 posts in this topic

Plugs and a flyrod from about 6:30 to 9:30 this morning IBSP. One bump on a Vision Sandeel in the wash. That was it. Found out how sweet my new Sage ONE is. :love: Man does that thing cast. :bigeyes:

Hows the Sage One. I picked up 3 Z-Axis rods when everyone was unloading them for the One. Got a 4, 5 and 6 weight. Got anywhere from 30 to 40 points off.

[img=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2431527/width/600/height/359]

Sunday early AM - NoMoCo back incoming light west wind - a couple of run-offs on fresh bunker chunks - bellies not heads. The fish were picky and wanted to play with the bait. Had to let them pick up and run a while before setting. Bass was 30" - very tasty.

Put in a lot of time in LBI surf fishin... by far the worst striper month on plugs for me ever according to my logs. Only 2 keepers and a dozen of so shorts the entire month.

Also a slow start to the derby down there as well, just a few nice fish caught.

not bad last night ,bunch af bass in the teens on shads , when the bait showed the fishing slowed, wierd.moco

Out front or out back?

If you don't mind me asking, what water column do you fish the shad?

Maruthu

In the past 24 hrs, I've loaded and unloaded my car 2X

Took the day off to hop on a boat, cuz the surf is DEAD... up at 4:30am and thought about it for 15 min.. said f it

Just got all geared up and ready to step out the door to do some jettn hoppn..... said F it again!!!

In the past, I never had a problem spending countless hrs casting away.... it seems to be different these days- may be the hr+ commute

I asked earlier in this thread and no one answered me. 

What does 'SFZ' stand for ? I'm new to these forums and don't know all the shorthand and abbreviations. 

Thanks in advance.

As usual, post reports here.......as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader. Please don't post specific street names or areas. Sometimes just a town name is too much information! Doing so only adds to the traffic in certain areas and it might cause an internet feud. For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no. Feel free to share any thoughts you might have on local conditions and "I got the old skunkaroo" reports" are OK too.

Some popular acronyms:

SH- Sandy Hook

NoMoCo- Northern Monmouth County

SoMoCo- Southern Monmouth County

SFZ-Spring Fling Zone (SRI-Shark River Inlet to MI- Manasquan Inlet)

OC Ocean County

IBSP-Island Beach State Park

LBI- Long Beach Island

AC- Atlantic County

CISP- Corson's Inlet State Park

CMC- Cape May County

CMR- Cape May Rips

DB- Delaware Bay

What does 'SFZ' stand for ? I'm new to these forums and don't know all the shorthand and abbreviations. 

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

SFZ (Spring Fling Zone) is the area between Shark river inlet and Manasquan Inlet.

Maruthu

Thanks in advance.

Spring Fling Zone.

All the acronyms are on page one at the beggining of the thread.

Welcome aboard.