Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

Fishing wives..

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

It's getting that time of year. That time of year when fish are burning in our brains. When the salt spray from the breakers and boat wakes moisten our faces and lips as we're back out pursuing large.

How many of you guys go fishing with your wives? How many of you have wives that tolerate your nocturnal activities well (chasing stripers, not strippers, of course)?

In closing.... I have to wonder how many of us have properly bribed our wives for the upcoming season... (I'm very fortunate in that my wife has promised to go with me every Saturday at the crack of dawn!). KEWL... That was the reason for the 26 foot sportfisher with full cabin and full standup head.

Did we send enough flowers, buy enough candy, get a nice enough boat with toilet accessories. Did we spend enough romantic evenings with the love of our lives over wine and lit candles to make sure they know that they're really our first loves? Time to catch up if we've overlooked that while getting the rest of our gear in order.....

Tight lines to you! LARGE is on the way!!!!

I am a very lucky man as my wife is so used to the comings and goings of a bass fisherman that she even knows when to turn down unwanted invitations during the season. I was further reminded of my good fortune last week as she has been preparing a Disney World vacation for when the kids get out of school in June, it didn't dawn on me at first but when I kindly reminded her that I would rather not go in June or July as those are the months I catch my biggest fish she said no problem and rescheduled, how luckey is that?