Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Klein

DelMarVa Fishin' Reports; September 16 - 30

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

Starting to see some decent drum action on our beachfronts along with a fair showing of blues and plentiful sharks. The occasional taste of cooler weather has been quite welcome, indeed, though that waterspout which touched down yesterday was a bit more "interesting" weather than we really need just now. I think we're all more than ready for a normal autumn weather pattern to settle in along the shore.

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? ;)

Go fish

Went out on Conquest Rd last Sat and had a first - caught a sheepshead in the first trough! I've only seen them around jetties and rocks, and I don't think there are too many rock formations in that locale. Definitely did not expect that one.

Watched college FB this afternoon then headed to the beach to meet with Gobow and fish the night. Lite drizzle in Salisbury and fairly calm. Crossing the bridge to AI and saw a banner on the bridge bent over 45 degrees. First bad sign. While airing down, the wind and rain seemed worse. Second bad sign. Gobow showed good sence and headed back. I headed down the beach. Stopped after several miles down the beach and got out of the vehicle to get a on the beach observation. Wind 20mph+ out of NE. Waves out of NE. Sand blowing across beach. Third bad sign. I had hoped to get some fishing in before the blow forecasted for early AM.

I turned around and headed home. The banner on the bridge had blown over. Rain ended in Salisbury with winds calm.

At least my Eers took those turtles today but those turtles gave me a scare in the 4th Q.

Kutch :D

I was feeling really sad about what had happen to my neighbor Joe, so I needed to go to the surf in Delaware with my brother. We caught blues up to 14 inches, 13 of them on mullet rigs and high- low surf balls with chunks of mullet. He kept some and I gave some to my neighbor. This was my first trip to the beach since April.

I been trying to figure out how to post a picture with my I-phone.

Charlie N.

Went out Saturday for a little, I was completely unprepared and left only an hour or two after getting there. I snagged one mullet in the top of the head which got bit in half, so I caught half a fish and donated a few bunker to two guys up the beach from me who were staying for a while.

Drove down Friday and picked up some nice bunker at Kool Ice. I was surprised that it was fresh as they said they didn’t have any fresh. My hopes were high. Got to AI around 2pm and decided to drive to the fence since I’ve never been that far down and the weather was nice. Took some pics and headed back up a ways. As I was baiting up my third set up the first went off screaming line out and I mean screaming. Not necessarily the species I was looking for and as soon as I put some pressure on…nothing. That was thru 80#. I re-rigged with Surflon and sent it back out. I was still stoked as any pullage on the beach for me is a good time. Not a bump the rest of the day. Sat. was a complete waste but I did hang in there until around 5:30pm with two rods. Reports said few showers…

Fished the beach in North OC on Friday afternoon.  My g/f caught a 24" striper on her first cast with a  mullet fillet.  I ended up with 3 snapper blues on a mullet rigs.  Conditions were tough, needed 6 oz sputnik or 8 oz hurricane.  Not used to casting in wind like this.  Beach has been unfishable since.  Did see two foxes in the dunes...everyone I told thought I was drunk.  Might head out and try tonight.  Im bored and cant just sit in teh cdondo all night!

Fished AI from friday 5pm until sat noon, landed several biters sat night it was good for some pullage. Sat morning shortly after sun up the weather crappy, stuck it out until noon and called it quits. No reds this time!!

Went out Friday afternoon and stayed the night until about 11am Saturday morning. Timed it perfect in that I ran out of bait Saturday just about the time the rain started coming down pretty steady. Nothing exciting to report; just rays, sharks, skates and a few decent sized blues early Saturday.

Tried bay side late Sunday afternoon just to get some fresh air for a couple hours and found a few schoolie bass on pink fin-s tossed from the marsh banks.

Chip281, that was me (Charlie) you gave the bunker to. My brother and I Stayed for another 2 hours in the wind and rain.

We did not catch any on the fresh bunker you gave us. It was nice to met you and thanks again for the bunker.

Charlie N.