Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
member36980

Tady Lures

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

These lures have a fantastic following in California but are virtually unheard of in Florida. I came across the lures while fishing aboard the American Angler out of San Diego last year and liked their craftsmanship and action. I liked them so much that I met with the owner and the sales manager and we talked about bringing them to Florida, but a year later we have not been able to develop any traction.

What’s special is the way they are made. They are eco-friendly (what do you expect from California) and they are made in the USA. Tady uses recycled metals and the paint is environmentally friendly.

Reaching out to the SOL audience. Is there an angler out there that is or have used Tady lures in Florida? They are excellent for mackerels, blues, and kings and we had good success with them. We are looking for an angle to get Tady going here in Florida.

Please share any experience you have on the subject.

Thanks

Ray

I know they have found their way over to the NE but not sure if they are being sold locally. They should work well on stripers. They are killers with yellowfins and bluefins.

I'll update the sizes tomorrow.

In the Northeast, they can be found in Hyannis, MA, Orleans, MA, Yarmouth,MA, Falmouth,MA, Middletown,RI.,Englewood Cliffs,NJ., and in Florida, Jupiter. 

This forum does not allow me to mention the names. 

They are available in nine models/sizes, from 2.2oz to 6 oz. They are designed to flutter on the way down and "swim" on the retrieve.

The surface models are made from aluminum and will plane to the surface( no matter how far you let it sink) and  track about 6-8 inches below the water. Best retrieved at a slow/medium speed.

The heavier models will again flutter and swim on the retrieve, but tend to maintain a progressive angle on the retrieve.

They are deadly for Stripers, Bluefish, Tuna, Amberjack, Grouper, Spanish Macks,Jack Crevelle, Barracuda, Wahoo and many more  species found on the Pacific Coast.

Northeast angler's  use the surface models in the surf or when fish are boiling, and the heavier models when fishing in boats especially wreck and reefs.

I’ve done well with the Tady 45 in the scrambled egg color. You can bomb them and they flutter just below the surface like a Kastmaster but with a much bigger profile.