gray gables

Dodge Trucks,

74 posts in this topic

I just picked up a 1500 ram with the hemi In April and have no complaints with it

In my opinion the ram was the better looking out of the Chevys and Ford. Dodge was also giving out some pretty good deals which I still believe they are I got the truck for almost 10 grand off of the sticker. But all in all it's a good truck and has done every thing I needed it to do from towing my camper to work. So I would highly recommend one

I think I will be getting one soon too.

I have it narrowed down to a Ram or a Sierra, I prefer the Ram but if the Sierra is a much better deal, I will go with that.

The Ram is a good looking truck, and the hemi has plenty of power, the only downside is the 5 speed auto, where GMC can give you a 6 speed.

I'm driving a 98 Ram now with 240k on it, and overall it has been good to me.

Now is a good time to get a deal on a 2011 too.

I originally had a 2003 Ram....loved it

Thought I would trade it in for the FJ pooper....regretted it for the whole 4 years I drove the pooper...missed the Ram

Just got another Ram...2011...black....sport....1500....love this truck !!!

I can't say anything bad about it at all

I bought an 03 Ram 2500 Hemi brand new, I was young and stupid and an employee discount. Greatest vehicle I've ever owned, 73,000 absolutely trouble free miles, fast empty, but it was awfully underpowered for my trailer (10k car hauler with a 4500 lb rock crawler jeep, 6-7k with a weekend's worth of gear). I had to scream that thing just to keep up with traffic on any kind of hill and it got 9 mpg with the trailer. If I had enough sense to buy it with a Cummins, I'd probably still have that truck.

Traded it for a 2002 2500 Diesel in 06 and still have it. The dealer warrantied my injection pump in 9/07 and I put a Goerend super bling billet 48RE transmission in it a year later. Both were my fault (towing hard with a chip). I bought it with 38k and it now has 126k. Other than the previously mentioned repairs, a rip in the driver's seat, an evaporator I need to replace, the truck has been dead nuts reliable. I tow all over the place with it, as far away as Tennessee, and aside from the injection pump failure, it has never let me down. Even then I was still able to drive it home (albiet 45 mph top speed).

My friends and I all have Dodges and we all tow heavy loads 6k-15k all over the country. I'm towing 8k 300 miles through the mountains to western VA this afternoon. If I were in the market for another truck I'd buy a Dodge again hands down without second though.

Bought an 01 dakota used in April 2010 and traded it in early July 2011 to upgrade to a ram 2500.

The dakota was a good truck for me to learn how to drive, small and was GREAT for going back and forth to highscool, it was starting to have some issues and wasnt really meant to tow so i started looking and i was able to get what i paid for the dakota as a trade in which sealed the deal on the 03 Ram 2500 Hemi. It came do to which truck will still be around when i finish college in 5 years and the answer to that question was the 2500. I would recommend one in a heartbeat.

One of my close friends got a F250 for his first truck and that is nice but some of the things i noticed my cab is bigger, more clearance, etc

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Old Truck

[img=

New Truck

3d6a824e.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by gray gables View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat guano View Post

Diesel or gas?

gas, diesel is not worth the price these days, the engine upgrade alone for a diesel is 8 grand,

It depends on what you are going to do with the truck. If you are going to tow diesel is the way.

If I was going diesel, I would go with the Cummins.

Gas, I would look real hard at the Chevy,usually cheaper parts,and more aftermarket support. I had a Dodge 2500 with a V10. The motor was very quiet which I liked.But,there was not much aftermarket support and Dodge quit making the engine. If I had bought the Diesel I would still have that truck!

had a 78 dodge 260k miles had to put it to rest because the c ab rusted to pieces ( was worried the roof would come off lol)

had a 98 got about 150k no problems..........flooded it, my fault

currently have a 01 dodge ,165k miles, have had no problems except a water pump and a radiator

all these were used for service vehicles , carrying a lot of weight , constantly i will buy another one when i were this one out

had a 78 dodge 260k miles had to put it to rest because the c ab rusted to pieces ( was worried the roof would come off lol)

had a 98 got about 150k no problems..........flooded it, my fault

currently have a 01 dodge ,165k miles, have had no problems except a water pump and a radiator

all these were used for service vehicles , carrying a lot of weight , constantly i will buy another one when i were this one out

they were all 1500,, gas motors

Rear coil springs scared me away from the 2011 Ram 1500. If you're doing a lot of towing, like me, F150 would be my choice (and was what I choose). F150 GVWR: 7700lbs, max payload: 1969lbs, max trailer: 11,300lbs. And there's a F150HD that gives ya more than that! But the Ram is less $. My 2011 F150 Lariat EcoBoost was about $38k.

Now if you want a beach runner/grocery getter...

The Dodge is a good truck, and like someone else said, Diesel = Cummins!

Test drive em all and have fun shopping!

i am a certified dodge chrysler jeep technician here in NJ, if you have any questions PM them to me and i help you out. even though i might be partial, i really like the trucks we sell and would buy one if i could afford it. we sell used trucks from other manufacturers and they just dont appeal to me like ours do. and the hemi is just a bulletproof and awesome engine.