Free Saturday night in Boston. Suggestions?

Rate this topic

Niffty

seriously nifty... IF the flight to boston actually makes it.. not a chance the flight to ME is going to happen, so better hunker down in that hotel or with one of the guys... and have a nice hurricane party.

Ack. Foo.

I want to die from a good old fashioned case of living.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugeDinghy View Post

even if niftarific cant lets meet up...if he knows he cant by tomorrow, tomorrow night is a good choice too....been at a funeral in CT the last 2 days but off the top of my head, the drop is at 9 or so.....I'd meet you in Dunns Corner at the Bennys (rt1 in front of the walmart, you know where that is right?)

Yeah, by the mobil, where gas is real expensive? 

I'll have to check into that, I have to go with my GF to her bosses pool party, and storm preparations will play a role, but that sounds like a cool plan. 

I love Benny's, especially after Labor day, super cheap fishing gear! 

Like Mighty said, Bri, Sorry for your loss, bro. 

Not to change the subject, but did you see the evac map I found for your town? It's in the Irene thread... before the surge models I posted...

anyways, I can't imagine Nifty, a camera, a keg, and a hurricane part won't give us some good pictures. :D

If anyone may require dialysis or a kidney transplant, feel free to contact me via this site. I'll be happy to help you through whatever questions you have! :wave:

it was a beautiful funeral, best friend of 25 years mother...she had a kidney transplant when we were in little league (Im 34) and two open hearts since then....strong woman who lived much longer than her body thought she would....one of those funerals where you feel bad for the family but you are (almost) happy for the person....tough french-canadian woman....

when I was playing football, in HS and college, and everyone was telling me my shat didnt stink, this woman would be extremely real with me...ask me the types of things that made me think about who i was and where I was going.....I'll never forget that...she played a real role in my development.....plus taught me to swear in french........she was all of about 5'2" and her funeral was the fiurst tine I was pretty sure I could take her....

thank god I made a run last week to see her, kiss her and hug her

That's a nice story, Bri. Sorry for you and your friend's loss.

I was just telling someone in a pm tonight about how I got my mom laughing at my dad's funeral while we were standing in front of his coffin after everyone had left the viewing. :D

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

it was a beautiful funeral, best friend of 25 years mother...she had a kidney transplant when we were in little league (Im 34) and two open hearts since then....strong woman who lived much longer than her body thought she would....one of those funerals where you feel bad for the family but you are (almost) happy for the person....tough french-canadian woman....

when I was playing football, in HS and college, and everyone was telling me my shat didnt stink, this woman would be extremely real with me...ask me the types of things that made me think about who i was and where I was going.....I'll never forget that...she played a real role in my development.....plus taught me to swear in french........she was all of about 5'2" and her funeral was the fiurst tine I was pretty sure I could take her....

Wow... I think we all need that kind of person around us... at least at some point in our lives... sounds like my spitfire grandmother. :)

If anyone may require dialysis or a kidney transplant, feel free to contact me via this site. I'll be happy to help you through whatever questions you have! :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugeDinghy View Post

funerals aint always so bad...in a wierd way....

and Jeff, yes, thats the place- you still have my number? i dont have yours< i recently got a new phone and lost a stat ton of contacts in the transition....

I'm bugging out saturday morning. I'm not sticking around here sorry. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMc View Post

No, that's for sure. I've tied on a few loads at the luncheons after. biggrin.gif

When my dad died, worst day of my life. His "funeral" day was a celebration of all that was good that he had done, one of the best days of my life. We partied bigtime in his honor, just as he would want. 

Nothing is as important in my life as the impact of my dad. I miss him real bad.

We can't change death, so IMO, best to celebrate life. beers.gif

This is serious stuff. I had a person like that as well. Sorry for your loss.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose