Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheAmagansettCaster

Official Irene Thread...

Rate this topic

137 posts in this topic

Lots of rain saturating ground, high winds knocking down trees and power lines = not a good combination.

True that even my cousin who is up from florida was like uhh you got a chainsaw? with all the rain we had and are going to get before it gets here theres going to be trees down all over the place.

By the time it reaches up it will be a tropical storm, especially with the high pressure system we have right now. A nice little event to run through so that in the future you will know what to have to be prepared. Hopefully the flooding and downed trees will be kept to a minimum which may be worse with the new moon. The apocolypse has already started at Lowes and BJ's. I'm thinking about getting a small generator though. Not so much for this but for any major winter storms, not good to be without power when it's 20 degrees outside. Good luck to all stay safe and most importantly stay calm!!!!!!

So I live in Valley Stream. Should I be boarding up my windows? First time home owner here so I've never done this before.

I don't think that will be necessary in your location.

They have it tracking further WEST (sorry) now and this could be a mid-island landfall..

NYC Media is trying to scare people and say it will hit as CAT 2.

We shall see.

Stay tuned, A LOT could change however sea surface temps are warm off mid-atlantic so who knows how much steam she'll lose. Best case scenario the eye touches land in carolinas and really weakens it...

They have it tracking further east now and this could be a mid-island landfall..

NYC Media is trying to scare people and say it will hit as CAT 2.

We shall see.

Stay tuned, A LOT could change however sea surface temps are warm off mid-atlantic so who knows how much steam she'll lose. Best case scenario the eye touches land in carolinas and really weakens it...

That is a first for the media.:rolleyes: Being a meteorologist has to be the best job, you actually get paid for uncertainy. :th:

So far, this beach house is the only one on the street with protection up. It looks like some sort of canvas that was pre-fit that just hooks right in....

Not my style of beach house but i watched it get built and its solid. Solid Poured Concrete Shell sitting on solid deep Concrete Bridge Pilings. If there is ever a big one, the beach here may erode, and the rest of us will get wiped out, but she will be the last one standing :th:

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2028357/width/1000/height/500]

So far, this beach house is the only one on the street with protection up. It looks like some sort of canvas that was pre-fit that just hooks right in....

Not my style of beach house but i watched it get built and its solid. Solid Poured Concrete Shell sitting on solid deep Concrete Bridge Pilings. If there is ever a big one, the beach here may erode, and the rest of us will get wiped out, but she will be the last one standing :th:

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2028357/width/1000/height/500]

Looks more like a medical center. ;)