Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bassslayer92

Montauk North side

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

just letting everyone know that the north side is for the most part drivable from the parking lot under the concession stand to false bar north bar. i don't know how it is going to stepping stones, but the rest is a piece of cake compared to last year. i was very surprised to see this when i pulled up. tight lines everyone.

ya i was looking with the binoculars it looked all good until you got to the bluffs past clarks it got a little hairy along there but i thought i saw some tire tracks all the way down.

Conditions are fine all the way to stepping stones and beyond

Just an FYI as of 8/18

As Willy said- conditions change quickly -- and they have.. If you venture west on the norht side from the lighthouse use extreme caution. There is a spot or two where the sand looks ok but it is actually the quick sand and if you are not careful or do not know where it is you are going to get stuck. Even if you know where it is, expect it to be very hard on your buggy. This may change after the next moon or heave???-- just use caution...

Conditions are fine all the way to stepping stones and beyond

Just an FYI as of 8/18

As Willy said- conditions change quickly -- and they have.. If you venture west on the norht side from the lighthouse use extreme caution. There is a spot or two where the sand looks ok but it is actually the quick sand and if you are not careful or do not know where it is you are going to get stuck. Even if you know where it is, expect it to be very hard on your buggy. This may change after the next moon or heave???-- just use caution...

Thanks Bill. Will do