I'm Motorized!

The throttle control and kill switch are on the left side of the seat (on the right in the photo) and the motor lift handle is on the other side. You can see the knob for the throttle if you're looking for it but otherwise hard to see (7th photo from top). I have to admit that I cheated though. I had Steve do the install for me. I dropped the yak off on a Tuesday and he had it ready for me on Thursday. Post some pictures when you're finished as I'd like to see your rig too.

Can you take some better pictures of the controls and how much extra is the installation vs just the kit?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting, ' Holy ***t... What a Ride!!

A few answers. My steering cables come out of the exact area where my rudder cables would be if I had a rudder. I think that's generally what he does unless it is a kayak that doesn't have the option of a rudder kit. As far as installation goes. I don't know what he would charge for that normally. All I can say is that he gave me a very good deal on it. I don't know if it's because I purchased a kayak from him in the past or because he's a nice guy or both, Thanks again Steve if you see this! The flush mount extenders,get this,are pieces of cheap plastic shelving. They fit almost perfect and are lighter than PVC. I've broke one in 3 seasons. Not from a fish but from picking up the kayak from it. All it took to make them fit snug is a couple of wraps of electrical tape. A friend of mine copied them and bought the shelving kit at Wally World for less than ten bucks. They're very convenient. I lay my paddle across them,no need for a paddle holder or clip. And when fishing the river and I'm under over-hanging trees I take all of my rods down out of the holders,lay them between the extenders and can sneak in anywhere the vertical clearance is limited.

I just joined the club myself. Found a Tarpon 140 with the TM/EM conversion kit on it, on Craigslist. Brought it home today, can't wait to get it out on the water. If it works out for my wife, I'll find something similar.