Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

As Most of You Know, Don't Believe Everything You Read.....

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Just saw this from last week from a tackle shop report:

Steve from Mass. had a 28" 8 lb. bluefish and 2 stripers a 24" 5 1/2 lb. and a 28" 71 /2 lb.

Um.....no...cause if it was reported from what I threw on his deck.....unless one of the blues I kept grew stripes when I didn't notice..... cwm13.gif

Otherwise, the report was based on my word of mouth of what I caught, but that still ain't right, cause the other 30-40 blues and three other slots I caught were not mentioned.....

rolleyes.gif

No extra points for accuracy I guess...and 2 small bass and a bluefish is certainly a bigger crowd pleaser than 2 bluefish and a small bass redface.gif

Beats the heck outta the curse of the Blue Volvo though, don't it? wink.gif

TimS

Yeah, well, I was just a bit perturbed by it....I mean, let's get it right......only reason I even stopped and weighed the fish is that I don't have my own scale, (Tape measure always, but no scale) and was just curious for future reference.....but of course, ya can't get away without a name and report being posted, especially cause he knows me.

tsk tsk tsk, Steve. tongue.gif That's what you get for even taking them to the shop. I mean, if you're gonna keep a lil' one to eat, what does it matter what it weighs? ...as long as it tastes good. smile.gif

You're still alright in my book even if ya had to be a tackle shop hero. cwm27.gifwink.gif

tongue.gif .......for the record, the 24" was one of the bluefish that, in his eyes, mysteriously grew stripes as it sat on the deck with a black bomber halfway down it's throat..... cwm13.gif

Hey, I could of been the REAL tackle shop hero and weighed in one of the three 50's I let swim..... wink.gif ....okay, okay, so that was one of those delerious dreams I had after only 4 hours of sleep......... redface.gif

Aw, Walt....perhaps, and truth be told, I like the guy, visit his place over another one close by, and BS with him a lot when I'm down there....but keeping a 24" baby (not too mention "weighing it in"..... rolleyes.gif ) is HARDLY making me "look good", at least in my eyes.....not that I much care how "good" I look.....come on, have ya seen the pics of me?..... wink.gif ....

Sure, I ended up keeping and weighing in a 28" as he reported, and another at 24-25" later in the week (which went straight to the cooler without a weigh in, and had some tears shed upon it), but only cause that small one would have died anyways......

Oh well....the point is, well, never mind..... redface.gif

Steve,

I write a weekly column and check with two dozen or more bait shops a week to gather raw intelligence (oops, I mean information) for the column.

The majority of folks like to see their name in print! I'm sure you won't get your name in lights in the future, if you let him know you don't want your name bandied about. Some of my contacts sometimes use the "a regular customer" or "Jose from the Bronx" to protect those who are in federal witness protection programs, etc.

Bottom line, he's a good guy who didn't deliberately go out of his way to hurt ya.

HappyWave.gif "Life is much too short to sweat the petty s--t!" Gunnery Sgt. Wm. Bresnahan, USMC 1959 -- Best advice I ever received! smile.gif

Now I see your point. Two years ago I caught a 1 pound, 14oz kingfish. Much to my chagrin, it was reported in a local paper as a bluefish. Needless to say my "friends" ate me alive over that one.

Just a mistake as RJ said

Walt

Steve,

Bottom line, he's a good guy who didn't deliberately go out of his way to hurt ya.

Yeah, he is a good guy, and I'm sure it wasn't on purpose....sometimes I guess things get lost in the translation.....

smile.gif

Walt......I just hope you savored that kingfish....pretty nice one..and Yummy..... smile.gif

Good eats, that fish won 1st place in a couple of clubs I belong to, and the head caught me a very nice bass several days later.

Now if I could just break the two pound mark. biggrin.gif

Walt