C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,338 posts in this topic

went out this morning took 2 hours to catch 8 macks and after couple hours of looking for fis it took all of a half hour to use them up. 4 fish mid 30's one 20 " and another 45" bigest of the year . and of course a couple misses . the wind kick up real bad and the seas got nasty the fish were right in tight to the rocks. Glad I have a lund rocks arnt as scary lol good luck guys:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by yj1990 View Post

went out this morning took 2 hours to catch 8 macks and after couple hours of looking for fis it took all of a half hour to use them up. 4 fish mid 30's one 20 " and another 45" bigest of the year . and of course a couple misses . the wind kick up real bad and the seas got nasty the fish were right in tight to the rocks. Glad I have a lund rocks arnt as scary lol good luck guys:D

What did you use to catch the macks? A sabiki rig? Were you over water like on a pier or were you casting to catch them? Im thinking of heading out in a bit when the tide changes to catch some macks hoping they are still around.

yj1990 I also have a Lund and they are decent boats to fish from. I love the livewell as it makes it alot easier. I live in the same city so if you want to meet up sometime and fish let me know.....

For macks piers or rocky areas with breaking water have done well by me this year. Some places people are catching snappers and smelt. We caught this fish on Saturday while jigging for macks. After the picture it was released. You never know what you'll get

Jon B338

Went out @ 0500 today. Hit Breaking Rocks for bait and did about 25 macs (sabiki rigs) right away. Went out to the 30 fathom curve, very bumpy today, to try for BFT. No Tuna but 1 Porbeagle, 3 Blue Sharks, and an 8 footer looked like a Blue shark but was jet black and the dorsel fin was short and rounded. No idea what it was but you can bet I'll be searching the web for this one.

I went out kind of late but caught the incoming tide for a few hours before slack. From a rocky location in Salem harbor I threw plugs the whole time. I saw some bait jumping so I threw some Top water bottles and still got nothing.

Once it hit slack tide I went over to a pier and caught some mackerel using a sabiki. I made a chum bag with some canned sardines in some cheese cloth and dropped it off the side of the pier. So I finally got my first fish of the year!

My last one was actually a small pollock and I was about to live line it and see what happens but I got a call from the wife needing something at work so I had to take off.

I love grilled mackerel though so it was nice to eat my catch today.

Be careful out there if anyone is planning on fishing any rocks up this way tonight :scared:

Be careful is right, took a nasty digger on the rocks in marblehead. Then got hit with a wave up to my chest... Soaking wet

But the fishing was there... Landed a 44" and a 42" last night, took fresh mackerel I had froze from our tuna trip Saturday. No weight... Just slinging it and letting it play naturally in the rough wake. if it wasn't for the tumble and the wet clothes I would have probably landed a few more

My last one was actually a small pollock and I was about to live line it and see what happens..

Live line them like macks. In my experience they work just as well. Small deadly dick on a slow retrieve works like candy on pollack.

Was out on Saturday in gloucester, about 5 miles out and there were a bunch or tuna breaking water!

Wasnt far from there...we were set up about 10 miles from gloucester, had them breaking everywhere with some big horse macks waiting to be smashed. Ended up with a big goose egg, frustrating fish!