C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,339 posts in this topic

Fished like 24 hours total since sunday night/monday early am. all in the dark with eels, a million different spots, nothing but small keepers and one 8lb bluefish to show for it :laugh:

September has been hot for me in the Marblehead and Beverly areas. This morning, from a rocky shore, I caught four keepers on chunk herring.(two for the grill) I was working a Jumpin' Minnow on another rod and saw no topwater action. I caught a 34" fatboy in the same spot last Saturday, again on a chunk. I was fishing low tide this morning at dawn and the incoming the other day three hours before high. These are the mornings that remind me why I do this. :)

[img=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2188137/width/600/height/700]

did you get these bad boys on a boat or off the beach? also i've had a lot of success in marblehead harbor these past couple of weeks. incoming

did you get these bad boys on a boat or off the beach? also i've had a lot of success in marblehead harbor these past couple of weeks. incoming

"This morning, from a rocky shore, I caught four keepers on chunk herring."

Hardbait...do you think that we are chunking River Herring? Fresh Sea Herring is available at EVERY good bait shop on the North Shore and beyond. Fully legal and currently deadly.

The September bite remained hot for me this morning in Salem/Marblehead area. I am still finding the chunks to be the ticket. This time on the outgoing two hours before low. I caught my 2011 season best fish from shore this morning...caught and released. Heading back out tomorrow. :)